Search results

1. Inapickle2

Advice on Toilet Drain

Yes, you're right. Those unshielded Fernco couplings are not approved for use within interior framing. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll only use the shielded type. This is the vent pipe configuration in the attic. As you can see, the main vent stack going up to the roof vent is merely a...
  2. Inapickle2

Advice on Toilet Drain

@Wayne, WorthFlorida, I take your points. I'll look at this tomorrow. Cheers.
  3. Inapickle2

Advice on Toilet Drain

Thanks for your suggestion Terry. I might have a look at that configuration also, assuming I can find a medium sweep 90 locally.
  4. Inapickle2

Advice on Toilet Drain

I really don't know. House was built in 1995. We moved in 11 years ago. With the temporary patch in place the pipe slope from the vent at the wall is adequate (1" in 4') and I'll make sure that is maintained when I seat the Wye - so the section between the Wye and Vent is not flat. Actually...
  5. Inapickle2

Advice on Toilet Drain

Problem solved. 60 degree elbow. Lip of hub will sit just below top of 3/4" OSB subfloor which will work perfectly with with an ABS flange.
  6. Inapickle2

Advice on Toilet Drain

No it doesn't go to a tee. At the end of the 10' horizontal run it just bends down vertically and passes down to the basement where there is a clear-out. There is nothing else connecting into the vertical section. Over the horizontal run there are two inflow connections. One, a 2" drain line...
  7. Inapickle2

Advice on Toilet Drain

Actually what you are are suggesting looks like it could be doable. Here's how the 3" vent pipe comes down the wall. As you can see, as it passes through the sub-floor it makes a bend to line up with the existing toilet drain line. So if I were to cut it, it would have to be above floor...
  8. Inapickle2

Advice on Toilet Drain

Thanks for your reply. I hadn't even considered that as an option. I just assumed the vent pipe is connected that way for a reason and that it should be preserved. No, there are no other fixtures connected to it.
  9. Inapickle2

Advice on Toilet Drain

As discussed in an earlier post, I'm re-modelling our main bathroom. https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/advice-on-support-for-replaced-sections-of-osb-sub-floor.96818/ I'm not a pro, so it's quite a challenging project for me. The original shower stall, sunken bathtub and toilet...
  10. Inapickle2

Advice on support for replaced sections of OSB sub-floor

Great, thanks for the advice. My mistake -actually the OSB is 3/4" not 5/8". I don't think there was any adhesive. Once I'd removed the nails it came up very easily with no residual bits stuck to the joists, but I'll definitely apply some PL when I fix the new sections. The tiles would sit...
  11. Inapickle2

Advice on support for replaced sections of OSB sub-floor

I've begun a major DIY project (for me, anyway) re-modelling our main bathroom upstairs (first floor). Previously, the toilet, shower stall and sunk bathtub were installed on a tiered platform structure. The wife want's everything on the same level. Having removed the platform structure, and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks