Search results

1. Dmt78

Separate tub and shower problem.

Thanks for that explanation. Hopefully that’s the issue. I appreciate your help.
  2. Dmt78

It was working during rough in before installing cartridge and trim (shower walls are now up). I pulled the cartridge and head last night and all was clear. This morning I thought about it, that the water from the tankless water heater outside may have been off due to a freeze we had. (Gas not...
  3. Dmt78

I really need help figuring out this problem. We have a bathtub and shower on opposite sides of a wall in our master bath. The water for the shower barely trickles out or not at all, but if the tub is on it seems the water flows more in the shower. Can someone help me with why it’s doing this...
  4. Dmt78

Building up flange

Appreciate the info. I was looking at the Oatey one, so I might give that a go.
  5. Dmt78

Building up flange

Ok thanks. Are those PVC spacers pretty sturdy?
  6. Dmt78

Building up flange

Hey guys, looking for advice on properly setting toilet flange on concrete slab. My original plan was to put the stainless steel flange on the slab and have the tile flush with the top. After adding the ditra material and tile, I’m wondering if I should build up the flange level some. I saw a...
  7. Dmt78

Help removing shower valve cartridge. Mainline

I have a Mainline (trouble finding any help with this brand) shower valve and can’t figure out how to remove the cartridge. No set screws and I tried turning the whole unit and can hear a plastic cracking sound (doesn’t sound good). Any advice? Thanks.
  8. Dmt78

Options for outdoor tankless gas water heater hookup

looking to connect from 3/4” PEX inside to my tankless heater outside. I know the most popular seems to be copper. I’ve never done soldering before, but I’d be willing to give it a shot. I was at the store and saw the corrugated stainless steel hoses. Are those ok for outside? Could/should I put...
  9. Dmt78

Washing machine standpipe question

I have my stand pipe at 19” for my washing machine. Someone said I may have issues with water coming back up when draining and I should cut and go longer. From y’all experience is this a problem? Thanks
  10. Dmt78

Separate tub and shower share supply?

thanks Reach. I’ll probably do the separate 1/2” hot for shower. I’m trying to use as few fittings and materials, mainly to maximize flow.
  11. Dmt78

Should I do 1/2 branch for hot and 3/4 for cold for both the tub and separate shower to share? I also have double vanities in this bathroom that I was going to drop 3/4” hot/cold then split side to side 1/2” to each sink?
  12. Dmt78

So I’m trying to figure out “best” way to run my supplies to a soaking tub and walk-in shower that are back to back in the same bathroom. If I branch down from 3/4” trunk in joists above, could I use the same 3/4” branch to supply both the tub on the left of that wall and the shower to the...
  13. Dmt78

Kitchen drain/vent routing ideas

lol yeah you’re right. Learning as I go thanks to everyone’s help.
  14. Dmt78

Here’s what I ended up with. Ended up drilling through the girt behind the stud pack and, because of the angle, had the go through the horizontal girt to turn the vent vertical again. If I had started lower on the drain stub up, like Wayne suggested, may have cleared that horizontal girt.
  15. Dmt78

Hey guys, one last question on this. Would it be up to code (IPC 2012) to use a 60 degree fitting to go up through the studs to instead of 45 degree? I know the code doesn’t seem to say specifically.
  16. Dmt78

Washing machine drain help

Yes sir that’s the plan. Thanks everyone for the help
  17. Dmt78

Here’s a better photo of what I had planned. Would this work?
  18. Dmt78

I did see the minimum 4” somewhere. I am hoping for a bit more just to be safe. Just want to be sure the trap will flow ok if it goes backward then forward, but I guess that’s why it’s adjustable in the first place.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks