Search results

1. LRH

Aftermarket tile flange on cast iron tub OR on Victoria + Albert tub?

Thanks, Tuttles Revenge. Was that on an acrylic tub, or something else? I'm imagining the material of the tub would make a difference in how well it adheres.
  2. LRH

Aftermarket tile flange on cast iron tub OR on Victoria + Albert tub?

Has anyone had any experience putting an aftermarket, field-installed tile flange on a cast iron tub or on a Victoria + Albert limestone resin tub? Our situation is that back in 2008, we ignorantly had an old, cast iron, alcove tub put in, that does not have a flange on it, to be used as a...
  3. LRH

Shower plumbing debacle

Thanks. Nothing would turn with a wrench, so I ended up having a plumber come out (miraculously found someone to come out today!) and he cut the whole thing out and rebuilt it. The "nut" was the valve stop, and when he cut that section out, it just fell apart into 2 pieces, completely corroded...
  4. LRH

Shower plumbing debacle

Thanks, Jim. I removed the board, and this is what I'm seeing. Water's spraying out where that black o ring is. I'm having a hard time visualizing how I could tighten that joint without loosening one of the joints on either side of it. Maybe that whole piece needs to be replaced?
  5. LRH

Shower plumbing debacle

Hi everyone. I’d love some help trying to solve my increasingly dire plumbing predicament. We have a Hansgrohe ThermoBalance 1 tub/shower faucet that we installed in 2008. Normally the handle points straight down when it’s off, we rotate it counter-clockwise to turn it on and then when we...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks