Search results

1. Newbie420

Water Heater Sparks at the wrong spot

I took the burner assembly out, and the insulation on one of the wires was completely burned out. I replaced the pilot assembly , and the igniter worked. I was able to light the pilot right away However, the flame started to pulsate. See youtube link below for reference. it's not my heater, but...
  2. Newbie420

Water Heater Sparks at the wrong spot

My water heater went off today, and I couldn't ignite the pilot. Finally, I found out that the spark occurs at the wrong location. Instead of at the tip of the electrode, it sparks from the area below the white ceramic to the enclosure that feeds the gas to the burner. I'm gonna take out the...
  3. Newbie420

Removing Ty-seal from Cast Iron hub

This is a bit of late update. I followed Terry's advice and it worked. I left the rubber seal in there, and I used a 3" to 2" fitting to go over the hub. I was lucky that the hub fit perfectly to the 3" end of the fitting. I took an identical hub to Ace hardware and fit check it to the fittings...
  4. Newbie420

Are you suggesting cutting the hub off completely then couple it with a no-hub couplings (fernco)? Or cutting just the rubber gasket? If so, how can I remove the section of the pipe inside the hub? I believe this is the gasket used...
  5. Newbie420

Hi, Is it possible to remove the broken piece and the rubber seal out of the hub? if so, what would be the best way? End goal is to replace the broken cast iron piece with ABS
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks