Search results

1. potatowolf

Advice for a replace on a 10 seer York

previous Carrier Model 40MBDQ36-3 / 38MBRBQ36AA3 comes w heat pan Fujitsu ARU36RGLX - no heat pan for below 5 degrees :( AOU36RLXFZH / ARU7RLF today is- air handler types only ( i like the arrowed currently) SVZ‐KP36NA & SUZ‐KA36NAHZ FLEXX36HP230V1AO / FLEXX36HP230V1AH <---- BOVB-36HDN1-M18M...
  2. potatowolf

went on a separate search again for mini splits unitary and got these MITSUBISHI SV-KP36NA or SVZ-KA36NA2 Fujitsu ARU36RGLX indoor Fujitsu AOU36RGLX Outdoor also noted- AOUG36LMAS1 MXZ-4C36NAHZ2-U1 MXZ4C36NA SUZ-KA36NAHZ Fujitsu ARU36RGLX I guess a question would be what configurations are...
  3. potatowolf

some minor updates- also thanks @Dana for taking the time to write all that stuff down! Plenum box is a john manville type 475 8' supply 12x22"return 11x26"?! current filter dimension 16 x 24" and a mix of 5" 7" and 1' flex in the basement. three of the flex duct runs are making hard 90 degree...
  4. potatowolf

Ok so it sounds like as long as the unit regardless of what gets purchased needs to operate within those conditions due to ductwork restriction. Yes I was! I just pushed what was part of my notes, figured anything can help at this point. I'll try to get that information. One of the returns...
  5. potatowolf

Design temps were Scranton Wilkes-Barre winter 7 summer 85. I needed to re-evaluate the manual J i did on the house, theres a cathedral ceiling (one side only) and open vertical space about the breakfast nook , I had to add them in as two separate spaces initially in the manual j, and it raised...
  6. potatowolf

I have to keep in mind that when i opened this thread with that intent to put in a minisplit system that can be comparable to or better than a 10 seer single stage york. I obviously have loads of questions- and I don't question your argument that you put forward. I've read quite a few posts...
  7. potatowolf

They are thinking of settling on a rheem Condenser Model # RP1636AJ2NA (two stage 16 seer )vs the bosch. They based it on bosch availability for parts and their overall place in the industry right now compared to other established brands. Id love the idea of a mini split but the ductwork system...
  8. potatowolf

ok so i did the manual j for the house finally, though i havent gotten to the duct section yet- heres what the numbers look like so far- heating 26.6k cooling 12.3k latent 2.2k had to stop on account of ran out of time
  9. potatowolf

just to be brief for now i was looking at these two units both are 3 ton 16-17.5 seer- Bosch BOVA-36HDN1-M18M BOVB-36HDN1-M18M ---- air handler BVA036WN1M18 or BOVB-36HDN1-M18M, BVA-36WN1-M20 cop off ashp.neep.org comes out to 1.87 rheem Condenser Model # RP1636AJ2NA Air Handler Model #...
  10. potatowolf

Hey @ Dana thanks for stopping by! I am taking the coolcalc initial block load i did back then with a grain of salt. - They seem to be more concerned with winter heating performance, which is difficult since their system is straight heat pump no furnace. It likely wont fullfill those colder jan...
  11. potatowolf

thanks for the reply :)
  12. potatowolf

any take on heatpump inverter vs scroll vs rotary?
  13. potatowolf

Hi again- I haven't given up on the topic it was just finding some time in between to get back on things. I had to write this over a few times. I had to re-read your response a few times, just because im starting out when it comes to all this, (im still on sensible gain vs latent gain, how to...
  14. potatowolf

Looking for a new well pump-

these threads were also particularly helpful just on a side note https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/help-me-select-a-new-pump.95392/ https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/new-pump-help.96051...
  15. potatowolf

I have been going back through the entire thread- and some others, just to clear some confusion- particularly this one https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/help-me-select-a-new-pump.95392/ i guess one question was about the screen /filter if there was one ( probably wont find out...
  16. potatowolf

ive been referencing some of these other threads for support- https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/need-advice-repair-or-replace-system.23327/ https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/advice-on-new-heat-pump.92204/ they are wondering if they can use the existing ductwork on...
  17. potatowolf

tried to contact mitsubishi to get a local guy for quoting, it also seems like any of these units regardless of what anyof us pick, will need a heat strip ( will have to confirm design temperature for this) as those cold feb winters / artic blasts will definately put us in aux heat.
  18. potatowolf

thanks for all your help and support everyone. I haven't bought the pump yet- have to look at the grundfos 1/2 hp models but i didn't know pretty much jack before i stopped here so thank you for your time and explanations thus far. Also there is a likelihood this is all diy as they might not...
  19. potatowolf

6" steel casing, yeah flow inducer sounds good, they are willing to do anything themselves but i offered to help including pulling the pump etc. they just replaced the roof so its a tight schedule right now. saw this thread on the sleeves for reference so I am trying to do as much R&D prior...
  20. potatowolf

this is an offshoot question i guess but- is there any reason a pump would be set that low(285) in practice ?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks