Search results

1. Too Ambitious

Partitioning L-shaped room. Should I move a register?

Currently I have 2 bedrooms on my 2nd floor that open straight off the stairway. One of them is L-shaped. I am partitioning that bedroom into a smaller square bedroom. I will cut the original wall against the stairs to a half wall to create a semi-open flex space. (It will be used as a playroom...
  2. Too Ambitious

Should a 2-3 year old disposal be this rusty already?

This is an Insinkerator Badger 5 mfg in 2019. I pulled this to redo my kitchen sink fixture drain and noticed how rusty it already is. Is this normal?
  3. Too Ambitious

Range hood vent: rigid w/ elbows vs semi-rigid

There is an old wall cap for a range hood vent in my house. Seems like the range location was moved when the kitchen was redone, and they installed a ductless hood. I am installing a new ducted hood and would like to use the old cap.* It's at most a 5' run of duct total, but if I used rigid I...
  4. Too Ambitious

New hybrid WH. Moving to converted carport's storage room. Where to drain condensate?

My current water heater is in my basement mechanical room. Can't put a hybrid there because there's not enough head room. I'm planning to move it to a storage room behind what used to be a carport (converted into sunroom). It's on a slab. The plan is to route the plumbing through the rim joist...
  5. Too Ambitious

Remodeling small ensuite bathroom - best layout?

I'm almost totally gutting my 1st floor ensuite addition. It hasn't been touched since the 1960s. The bathroom is relatively small. I would really like to get both a tub and a walk-in shower in there since: (1) we don't have a tub in the house, and (2) this will be used as a guest suite. My...
  6. Too Ambitious

How to seal up / decommission old well piping coming into crawl space

Forgive me if this is a stupid question. I'm a city boy and have never even seen well equipment before moving to this house. My house used to have a well (who knows how long ago), but is now on city water. I have had the last remnants of the well equipment removed and disconnected from my...
  7. Too Ambitious

Water heater replacement, repipe, bathroom reno questions

I am planning to put in a Rheem hybrid. I'm also going to reno the farthest bathroom from the heater (70'-80' run) within the next year & take that opportunity to repipe since a lot of the copper is corroded. Right now there are 3 full baths, and I am planning to add another in 5-10 years for a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks