Search results

1. Artmg

Generator or wiring question

This is how it's wired in. It did pass inspection. This is the write up on the product This interlock kit meets the requirements of Article 702 of the National Electric Code ANSI/NFPA 70. NEVER back feed a breaker panel without a generator breaker interlock kit. Doing so could easily energize...
  2. Artmg

Generator or wiring question

I have a Generac 7000 watt with 8500 watt start up. I have it wired into the panel with a 30 amp breaker. When I tested it it seems like everything except the furnace, refrigerator and stove (gas stove but need electric) work. Any idea why those things may not be working since they are the most...
  3. Artmg

Electric baseboard causing 30 amp breaker to hum

I have a room with (4) six foot electric baseboard heaters that I have never used. Today I looked at the thermostat and found that it had two low voltage wires like a normal thermostat. I turned the heat on and heat was coming out of the heaters but I heard a humming sound coming from the 30...
  4. Artmg

Can I install a second trap?

They both go into the same 4" pipe but from different directions. Here is a picture of the whole setup. I put the picture of the trap in for an example of what I was thinking might be a way to adjust the height of the pipe so that I could lower it and reconnect to the 4" line . The trap is for...
  5. Artmg

Can I install a second trap?

There is a 2"" pvc horizontal drain line in my basement that runs into a 4" drain going out to the septic system. The problem is that the line does not slope it is actually about 1" higher where it attaches to the 4". The line is about 8 feet long so if I were to cut the line I would be able to...
  6. Artmg

Outlets stopped working

Thanks for all the help I'll start over and see what I find, Once I get things working I'm going to map out every outlet and switch so if it happens again I'll know where to start sear ching.
  7. Artmg

Outlets stopped working

There is a switch that has the lines pushed in through the back I'll check them. Would a tone generator help any? I'm thinking that if I put a tone through one of the dead outlets that would work it's away around and may end up at an outlet in another room that's working and on the same circuit...
  8. Artmg

Outlets stopped working

The outlets are on the first floor. There isn't a GFI anywhere in the house. It's tough to say which is closer to the breaker box however the last one on the wall has a black red and white wire if this means anything. It isn't attached to a switch.
  9. Artmg

Outlets stopped working

Six of my outlets suddenly stopped working along with a ceiling light. I checked the circuit breakers; shut them all off and turned them all on and all of them were fine. I took the panel door off and checked them all with a multi meter and all checked out 120 volts. I took each plug out of the...
  10. Artmg

Two pressure tank but little water

I just installed a second pressure tank so that my pump wouldn't have to go on as often but I'm not sure if I really accomplished much. The original tank was a 52 gallon one and the new tank is an 86 gallon one. I drained each tank and found that the 52 gallon tank actually holds about 13...
  11. Artmg

Re- gluing ? re-melting PVC w/ PVC solvent

Pat I agree with your comment to goofy. I felt it necessary to ream him out this morning when he made an obnoxious comment to me dealing with my thread on using 3/4 or 1/2" copper. I'm new to this site but have read many of the comments and his are by far the most useless. Most everyone on this...
  12. Artmg

3/4" or 1/2" copper lines

No Korads actually no I'm not a tightass and I would rather not spit in any ones face even a goofy face. I have to face reality. I'm 72 working 800 miles from home and working alone. I'm taking what ever tools I think I might need in a small car and that doesn't include a 40 foor ladder. The...
  13. Artmg

Venting through side wall.

The back wall is an outside wall so I can't go through that it's too cold and besides I would then have to get out on the roof and put a hole through it. I'm doing this job 800 miles away and I won't have access to a ladder and I don't wat to deal with snow on the roof. I can't go through the...
  14. Artmg

need help moving toilet rough-in!

I had the exact same problem. What I did was switch over to a 12" rough toilet.The waste line had to be cut off but I left about a 6" stub(I used an angle grinder to cut through the cast iron stack pipe) I coupled a piece of 3"PVC to the stub I left on the stack pipe using a hubless connector...
  15. Artmg

Venting through side wall.

In a previous post I had asked about water lines but they are the least of my problems. I'm installing a bath on a 3rd floor but not pulling any permits. The new room will be in an alcove with the back wall being the outside of the house. The front wall will be half high then glass block this is...
  16. Artmg

Why just the cold? Although I was concerned about it taking the hot too long to get up to the third floor and wasting water. The cost was really the big factor, $10.50 a length for 1/2" and 15.50 for 3/4. It isn't that much in the grand scheme of things but why spend the extra if it doesn't...
  17. Artmg

I'm putting a new bathroom on the third floor of an old house. All of the water lines are now 3/4" copper. Is it necessary to run 3/4 up to the third floor before switching to 1/2" or can I make the risers all 1/2"? The lines will be about 30 feet long with maybe 6 or 7 elbows.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks