Search results

1. Tim Ross

Electrical Smell from AO Smith GDHE-50 Powered Vent

The GDHE is a beast and loves to sit around 160deg, in my unprofessional opinion, I believe setting a higher tank temp keeps it from short cycling and helps it operate most efficiently, and will improve your dump capacity at point of use. Of course take whatever locally mandated precautions are...
  2. Tim Ross

Smelly Hot Water w/ Powered Anode Rod

In food, the saying 40 to 140 in 4 hours is used to guide safe handling of meats etc. Food is in the danger zone between those temps beyond 4 hours. However if you maintain temp between those temps like a sousvide machine, you can see a massive log reductions of bacteria even if target temp is...
  3. Tim Ross

Do powered anode rods work?

Sorry to necropost. Just bought an AO Smith GDHE-75 to replace an OG GDHE-50. That old one had its problems. But loved it. Noticed the new one has a powered anode rod. Cleanly integrated into the system control, I mention it because in the UI you can pop into the menus and check status of...
  4. Tim Ross

Tankless Water heater Ground Water Temp

I couldn’t agree more, I was very cognizant of that when originally designing my shower, my AO smith vertex 100 was at 160deg operating temp so that I could enjoy a more favourable split between hot and cold water and enjoy the performance we got from it. Of course running high flow Thermostatic...
  5. Tim Ross

Master Shower is 9GPM measured, my current setup has been awesome and has had no issue feeding it, but it was an original AO smith vertex 100 which was closer to a commercial unit than current models as I’ve been told, a replacement would be stupid expensive locally. My tank temp was 160deg...
  6. Tim Ross

Great info folks, I’ll check the info for sure, ya I’d like to avoid 400k BTU gas use. I’m not heavy on gas other than a 90k BTU fire table and a furnace. All the same it will have to pass code so that’s a consideration. Thanks so much.
  7. Tim Ross

Running a tankless on its own loop taking water from a holding tank and circulating it back in (controlled by an aqua stat and external pump) would seem, on the face of it to solve many of these problems, might have to mix some cold water in with the water coming from the tank to keep the...
  8. Tim Ross

Tying tankless to tank version

I’m sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but this is great information, I’m looking to do a tankless into a holding tank myself, the tankless will be on its own loop and will not have any impact on flow in the home, it will pull water from the bottom of the tank, circulated by an aqua stat...
  9. Tim Ross

Nexus washlet + MW6423056CEFGA#01 does this have a siphon jet?

That is excellent news. So buy with confidence I would assume? Cheers Tim
  10. Tim Ross

Nexus washlet + MW6423056CEFGA#01 does this have a siphon jet?

I’m sorry for the hit and run, as usual I’ve been a long time lurker about 16 years when I poured over Terry’s info on Toto Toilets. I'm in the middle of a Master Bathroom renovation in my own home. I need to order a toilet now to be sure it arrives on time. I recently purchased an UltraMax II...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks