Search results

1. JorRa

Advice needed: 4" CI toilet drain to 3" PVC

both levels are the same regarding pitch reading...you get the pitch indicated by the line when the edge of the bubble touches it. below, right edge of bubble in the middle of the picture is touching 1/4" per foot mark (3rd/middle line). it is sloped in the right direction. Not sure I follow...
  2. JorRa

The top down pic with the rag, the closet bend, is not to blame on the CI, I thought I had it aligned during dry fit but it glued together a tad crooked....I did think of the Fernco in place of coupler as I was gluing the coupler in but it was too late. Good idea. the level bubbles with five...
  3. JorRa

CI pipe OD is 4.52" with calipers. I figured it did this because the PVC side has more rubber to compress as the band tightens. I can raise it but then the closet elbow tips back more out of level. Not sure how out of level I can be. the pipe sits right next to the top edge of the joist by...
  4. JorRa

Anybody have thoughts? 1. Is the warped band on the shielded fernco after torqueing to 60 in-lb normal? 2. How bad is the negative pitch on the cast stub going to the stack. it is basically a 1/4" per foot pitch going up hill. but the old pipe was probably like this too and flushed nearly...
  5. JorRa

Hard to say where I read it at this point in my research. I probably (mis) read something here or elsewhere on the internet in trying to figure out how to do it right. Now that I am at the point of install, I am double checking things (glad I did). So pics below...I ran out of enough length...
  6. JorRa

Thanks! So you recommend 1/4" per foot pitch not 1/8"? I swear i kept reading 1/8" but I could be wrong lol...I got the PVC in and was aiming for 1/8" grade but the closet elbow is out of level by approx 1/16". If i tend towards 1/4" pitch it becomes level.
  7. JorRa

Toilet Cast Iron drain replacement

Thanks Terry! Another question.... I got the PVC in but the closet bend inlet is not quite level, about 1/16" to 3/32" out of level being lower on the back side. If I put a 1/4" pitch on the long pipe, i can get it level but from what I read, that will be too much pitch. What would you do...
  8. JorRa

Hi all, New poster on the forum, been lurking a bit. I have an upstairs toilet that was leaking. Long story short, there is a hole in the lead bend so it needs to be removed. Cast pipe is 4". It had been worked on before based on cut planks when I tore the floor off..The hubs of the cast sit...
  9. JorRa

Toilet Cast Iron drain replacement

Hi all, New poster on the forum, been lurking a bit. I have an upstairs toilet that was leaking. Long story short, there is a hole in the lead bend so it needs to be removed. Cast pipe is 4". It had been worked on before based on cut planks when I tore the floor off..The hubs of the cast sit...
  10. JorRa

Side Inlet -- Donut??

Tru, What did you end up doing? I'm in a similar situation with a 2" galvanized shower drain going to the stack. Been reading some folks had trouble finding a donut that works.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks