Search results

1. Howard M Emerson

My kingdom for another 1/2" from the wall

Hello all, Long story short: Almost 30 years ago I had a plumber turn a toilet sideways to allow shower chair access for my paralyzed sister-in-law. Here's a picture of the cast iron flange/pipe that is 11 & 1/8" from the wall. Here is the overall picture for context: Another shot: The...
  2. Howard M Emerson

Bad pressure/flow on 1 hose bib.

I did check the existing threads, and I'm pretty sure mine is different. I'm actually just looking for some confirmation to my conclusions, but I'm also here to be learned:-) In our home 2 of the existing hose bibs are both plumbed 1/2" PEX. They come off the 3/4" PEX at varying distances, but...
  3. Howard M Emerson

Avoiding slab shower base leakage

Hello all, I'm renovating a slab bathroom that previously had a 1-piece shower wall, base & ceiling. The old base had leaked, and I'm certain the culprit was the matching flange that held the strainer/grill. It was cracked across the top where it fit into the old base recess area. The majority...
  4. Howard M Emerson

90 degree side outlet elbow in corner?

Hello all, Can I use one of these schedule 40, 90degree side outlet elbows where a lavatory drain & kitchen drain meet at a corner? Here's my badly 'marked up' picture showing where I'd like to drop the level of the existing vent pipe (to give wall-depth for a cabinet), and at the arrow is where...
  5. Howard M Emerson

Toto On A Double Sanitary T Experience

Hi all, After opening the box I rolled up the stairs I saw the warning in the instructions: Double Y connection: YES. Double Sanitary Tee/Sanitary Cross: NO. NOW YOU TELL ME?? The first thing that crossed my mind was why isn't there a warning on the model pictures in the listings when you're...
  6. Howard M Emerson

My master bathroom remodel to date.....

Nobody will ever accuse me of rushing things. I made a 'sketch' of an idea over 10 years ago, and this past October I decided to just do it. My wife had, hours earlier, left to visit the kids in Toronto, so it was time for 'dust with impunity'. I'll let the pictures do the talking, but basically...
  7. Howard M Emerson

Shortening a 1/2" nipple.....

....is something I desperately needed to do, and my first Google search actually lead me here, once again. With the frustration experienced by the other poster, I decided to try my hand at finding a 1/2" NPT die, and for about $14 Harbor Freight had a 6 piece set. The die itself costs about...
  8. Howard M Emerson

Hansgrohe iBox installation question

Hi all, I've installed an iBox in a bathroom renovation here at home, but no matter how many times I look at videos or read the instructions I do NOT understand the function of the 'fixing ring'. Is it suppose to support the wall board around the hole cut-out? It seems the concrete board +...
  9. Howard M Emerson

Remodeling a stairway 'planter' area

Hi all, Anyone who owns a split level will remember this area of the house, where the stairway goes to the bedrooms, and they fill the area with a 'planter' to make up the space to the side of the stairs. Here's a shot of what came with the house in 1952, faux brick and all, and then my...
  10. Howard M Emerson

Our new bathroom, almost cooked

Our new bathroom, w/new P-Trap pic.... Hi all, Aside from the vanity doors I have to cut, veneer, finish and mount, I'm about done with this. All the woodwork, aside from the oak solid-core door, is cherry. The counter top is 5/4 with 3 coats of Spar Varnish. The last shot showing the...
  11. Howard M Emerson

Need some help with a 'tailpiece' leak

Hi all, I actually tried to contact HJ about forwarding an email from Hansgrohe, but I think I may have figured out how to attach a file.............Hope the forum doesn't melt down now........:-] In any case...........If the attached file can be opened, here is my problem: I have installed...
  12. Howard M Emerson

Murphy was a plumber...........

You know what black water means when you turn the supplies on after installing a new faucet? Of course you do...........Old washer in old supply has gone to pieces. Now that I know that to be a likely scenario, I'll always turn off the water, and then turn it on again while the old faucet...
  13. Howard M Emerson

Cartridge for single handle Am.Std

Hi all, Yesterday the home health aide broke the handle, and front part of the cartridge, off of the shower control in my sister-in-law's apartment. She has MS and lives in our home with 24/7 care. The bathroom was done back in the late 80's, or if I can find that blueprint the previous...
  14. Howard M Emerson

TGI lead bend!

Hi all, I've been redoing our hallway bathroom for a while now and just wanted to stop in and say that the Kohler San Raphael has worked beautifully since being installed several weeks back! It's a real water saver and doesn't seem to balk, at all, no matter what it's getting rid of! My...
  15. Howard M Emerson

On the Canadian side of Niagra Falls...........

..............we stayed at a Best Western motel and I noticed, (rather ironically given the amount of water you experience in that town), that the toilets, which looked pretty new, were 3.5 gallon flush............. I guess it's about a mile to The Falls from there, so maybe that's why...
  16. Howard M Emerson

First time here: Hello and a question

Hi all, I don't know what I'd do without online forums, although it's usually acoustic guitar forums for me.............However, I'm doing my bathroom over so here I am. Thank you Terry, for hosting this wonderful place and all its knowledgeable people! I'm setting an acrylic shower base...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks