Search results

1. Michael P Reilly

Recirculating pump for residential system pipe connections.

The return line is not really a dedicated return. I did not have access or the ability to get all the way back to the water heater or the main supply line. The return pipe only goes about 80% of the way back and then ties back into the cold trunk line under the house. So I am installing the...
  2. Michael P Reilly

It isn't quite a dedicated return line. It does not make it all the way back to the water heater but it does bypass all of the fixtures. Having looked at several pump reviews, sales descriptions and a couple manufacturer responses in amazon customer questions there were a few different claims...
  3. Michael P Reilly

Hello all. I just bought a Watts Recirculating pump to install. In the picture below is the normal configuration of how the system should be piped with this pump shown in the upper diagram. I however have a pipe loop available that terminates at the last fixture. I am wondering if I can minimize...
  4. Michael P Reilly

Overwhelmed by Delta rough in valve selection

Thank you very much for the confirmation. The 3-way is exactly what I have but I don't need the diverter for either of the new ones I am putting in. I am thinking, even though Tuttles Revenge clearly prefers the Male adapters I might go with the UN versions just as he said to keep it simple and...
  5. Michael P Reilly

Thank you very much for clearing up all of my confusion. I appreciate the effort to address each one separately. While I was waiting for responses I kept trying to figure it out on my own and when searching 3rd party site it seemed like all the Moen valves had female IPS connections and the...
  6. Michael P Reilly

OK, having gone and found the picture above of what my previous plumber did I have more questions. 1. It appears the valves he used had male connection points and I have yet to find one like that. 2. He used CPVC adapters with stainless steel...isn't it bad to have Stainless touching brass for...
  7. Michael P Reilly

So sorry, guys/gals, in my frustration I completely forgot to add that 1. I am the plumber on this one, I referenced the previous plumber just because I figured he knew Moen was good and so I would use the same...and 2. That my supply system is CPVC. I know many of you will protest at that but...
  8. Michael P Reilly

Hello, again. I need to purchase a couple rough in shower valves. One for a tub/shower combo and one for just a shower. The plumber I paid to do the remodel of another bathroom swore by Moen rough in valves and wouldn't use anything else. They mated up well with my Delta finish fixture selection...
  9. Michael P Reilly

Lavatory absolutely need a dry vent above?

Yeah I considered that, but there is no fixing the 3" wye without cutting it, and the two next to it out and redoing them all. I got three wye's back to back. I really do not want to take the chance of messing up all that alignment so, see the vent idea above.
  10. Michael P Reilly

Actually, I think for me, the more sane way will be to try to add the vent. I think I see a way, but it will be complicated to get to where it needs to go. Instead of the "90 rotated 45" I will change it to a "santee rotated 45" (as I understand it 45 degree is considered vertical and thus the...
  11. Michael P Reilly

No, you are absolutely right. The posted picture in #38 is no longer accurate. As hard as I tried to plan that lower toilet before I laid the subfloor when it came to drilling the actual hole I was unable to achieve the shown location with the offset flange. So for the lower toilet, instead of...
  12. Michael P Reilly

If you aren't interested in reading the why, just skip to the question at bottom, otherwise read slow, there is a lot of info here... OK gents, I got this DWV about 90% done today (thanks for everyone's input). Everything above and below floor except the tub connection is done. I ran into a...
  13. Michael P Reilly

It is a good page to read, but does not address my question unless I am completely missing something.
  14. Michael P Reilly

Thanks for your help on this. I added a question on the original post that no one seemed to see. I am curious what is the best way to proceed with this project. I have never done anything to this scale before. Is it best to start with the big pipe and work your way to the fixtures and vents or...
  15. Michael P Reilly

DWV pipe...what schedule?

What is the correct PVC pipe to use for DWV in a residential home in IPC territory? I have done a lot of piping of various things with sch 40 PVC. I know there is thicker and thinner pipes but always gravitated to the 40. I even did all of my irrigation in sch 40 knowing full well that most...
  16. Michael P Reilly

Hmmm...seems I am misunderstanding something then. I thought this was how it should be when horizontal ties to horizontal...
  17. Michael P Reilly

Well the ones where I showed the short 45 is my attempt at showing the combo that I intend to roll up 45 degrees. The one there at the tub I was not exactly sure what that fitting will look like...need to check out what is available at HD. What I meant by the cleanout is just a wye in that pipe...
  18. Michael P Reilly

OK, it looks like I will be purchasing materials and getting started on this DWV this weekend ( I got 4 days to work yay). I have yet to check the size of the vent pipe opening in the roof so my vents may still be changing to 2" rather than 1.5. The WC in the lower bath ended up being in a...
  19. Michael P Reilly

Does the dimension on a tub surround include the flange?

Yeah I have realized after looking at several installation documents that typically that 32" does not include the flange. Therefore my wall needs to actually be at least 32 plus the flange. In my case the one I purchased this morning says the outside edge of the stud needs to be at 33 1/4"...
  20. Michael P Reilly

Does the dimension on a tub surround include the flange?

Sorry, Terry, at the time I had not chosen one. I was hoping it was sort of standardized. Anyway, I chose one now and got the installation manual. Laid out the studs just as they diagramed. Hopefully the flange on the side where the wall stops and turns will not stick out beyond the drywall if...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks