Search results

1. Justin Burgess

Remove / Replace Fitting or Cap?

I have a Long-Radius Combination Tee-Wye Fitting in a 2" shower drain that is not longer needed. I was going to use it for a vertical vent, but decided to move the vertical vent closer to the shower trap. Would it create an issue to simply cap the fitting, or would it be better to splice a...
  2. Justin Burgess

4" Clean Out Location Guidance / Preference

Please provide guidance or preference on where to place a clean out. I interpret the code to need a 4" clean out for the 4" line and the toilet cannot be considered a clean out. I can either place the clean out at the number 1 spot by extending the 4" line (before the 2" transition) or place it...
  3. Justin Burgess

Long sweep 90 vs. two 45

I would prefer to use a long sweep 90 for the transition from vertical to horizontal in our drain system. Example 1 - vertical sink drain transition to horizontal drain system. Example 2 - vertical 3" stack (for future use upstairs) transition to horizontal drain system. The long sweep 90...
  4. Justin Burgess

Toilet Drain 4" Long Sweep 90?

I would prefer to install a 4" line for our single toilet drain as I have extra 4" pipe to use. Is it acceptable to use a long sweep 90 for the vertical to horizontal connection? IPC code in SC. slab on grade, underground rough in.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks