Search results

1. Wren

Hybrid Water Heater Copper Pipe Support Bracket Needed

Any thoughts on attaching to the side of the WH with sheet metal screws? That's the only part that makes me nervous.
  2. Wren

I would like to use a bracket even if I were to use PEX all of the way to the nipple. I just can't find brackets in the photo or I'm not looking in the right places. Any ideas?
  3. Wren

I'm about to install a Rheem heat pump water heater and the inlet/outlet pipes are on the side instead of on top. From watching a video produced by Rheem, it appears that the best practice is to use copper for the vertical piping and then transfer to PEX near where the pipes meet the wall above...
  4. Wren

Anchoring Hose Bib into Concrete Block

Well, I ended up using Tapcons, and they were about as crappy as ever, but I managed to get the hose bib anchored. If the hole spacing on the bib was a little wider, it would have gone a lot better. By the time you drill out a large enough hole for the 1/2" galvanized, there's not much meat...
  5. Wren

Anchoring Hose Bib into Concrete Block

What's the best type of fastener to use to anchor a hose bib into concrete block? I've got one that needs anchoring but it appears that the holes for the fasteners have to be very close to the hole for the pipe that I had to drill. I used galvanized for the bibs because I needed to go through...
  6. Wren

Recirculation Pump Installation Questions

Any tips as to the best solder and approach to use regarding sweating a piece of 3/4" pipe to the inlet of the pump? I'm a certified weldor, but whenever I have to solder plumbing pipes, I get nervous.
  7. Wren

I think what I'll do is fill it with water and set it up so that the output that I'm soldering to is on the top. If I work quickly, I think I'll be OK.
  8. Wren

Thanks very much for the reply. I wasn't sure of the nomenclature for what I needed to buy. Are there any pitfalls to watch out for when sweating a fitting to the pump? Should I remove the impeller assembly, etc. or fill the pump with water so it doesn't get overheated? I've sweated plenty...
  9. Wren

Yes, I have a dedicated return line that I'm installing. Any comment regarding if it's best to put the pump on the outlet of the WH or to put it on the return side close to the drain bib?
  10. Wren

I'm curious about the best way to install the Grundfos pump that I bought. The outlet of the pump is a 3/4" union fitting while the input has a 3/4" sweat connection. I'm planning on having the return go back into the water heater through the drain on the bottom after adding a tee and...
  11. Wren

Designing Expansion PEX Layout and Brands to Use

What sort of thermostat would you recommend for use with PEX tubing?
  12. Wren

What sort of thermostat would you recommend? I could see using one in conjunction with the light switch so that the pump would turn off when the water at the bathroom came up to temperature.
  13. Wren

My thoughts about having the pump run whenever the bathroom light are that it wouldn't be an excessive amount of time as some systems run the pumps for hours a day when using an adaptive, pre-programmed controller. I would be happy using some sort of relay system whereby the lights coming on...
  14. Wren

I'm not looking at keeping the water hot all of the time. I'm interested in having the pump come on when the light switch in the bathrooms is switched on. Lights go off and the pump goes off. The full bath/laundry room only has one window and the light would have to be turned on whenever...
  15. Wren

It looks like about 2.2 GPM if I'm reading the chart correctly. https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.supplyhouse.com/product_files/59896241-brochure.pdf
  16. Wren

About 50 feet if I only include the full bath, and about 75 if I include the half bath.
  17. Wren

Any comments on the pump that I chose?
  18. Wren

I've decided to definitely install a hot water recirculation system for the full bath. I may add the half into the loop, but I fear that there might not be a real advantage in doing so. I'm mainly curious about the pump I'm considering. The supply and return line (green in the photo) will be...
  19. Wren

I did some figuring and came up with this layout. I would like to wire in the pump so that it comes on when the bathroom light is on unless there's some compelling reason not to. I like the idea of the pump only running when someone is in the bathroom and not circulating hot water continuously...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks