Search results

1. Sparty007

PEX to Copper stub leak?

Hey everyone thanks in advance for some guidance. This is a new construction house built in 2014 with an unfinished basement (these pictures are of the PEX in the basement going to a first floor toilet). I'm about to start finishing the basement (drywall ceiling) so I have been spending quite...
  2. Sparty007

Premier Showerhead leaking (Premier Sonoma single handed valve)

All, Thanks for all the great advice - you've given me (and others I have used) over the years as a DIY homeowner. A few years ago my wife and I had our first child and moved into a brand new construction home and thought my DIY days were over...... so the shower saga begins. Builder...
  3. Sparty007

Price Pfister Parisa faucet leaking below kitchen sink?

So I noticed a few small drips of water under my sink and upon looking - the small drips are forming up inside the faucet where the copper supply lines enter the faucet body. It looks like something is leaking. Upon calling Price Pfister they advised to replace the cartridge and retaining nut...
  4. Sparty007

Grey scum in toilet tank?

So for the last week or so I noticed little grey flecks in my toilet bowl after a flush. Thought maybe the bowl was dirty under the rim, and gave it a good scrubbing. After that did not change anything, I lifted the tank lid and the surface of my tank water looks like a pond (but not green)...
  5. Sparty007

THANK YOU - Terry and all the pro's

To whom it may concern, Thank you for helping us guys and gals that don't install toilets for a living understand what a good toilet is, what fits, why we want a solid install and all the other things you walk us weekend warriors through. Lots of times we just want to do something ourself...
  6. Sparty007

Toto Nexus and 14" rough?

I just ordered a Nexus and a 14" unifit for a 14" rough, they said it would work at the plumbing supply house, but when I came back here I see some saying otherwise? Who is right?
  7. Sparty007

Need advice on small 14" rough-in (Small Bathroom)

So, I need the help of this wonderful forum. I have a skinny bathroom in a 1939 home. The bathroom is only 43" wide between the wall and tub. So I did the stupid thing and just bought a 14" rough AS Cadet 3. Threw it in tonight and it is not going to work. The front of the bowl is too...
  8. Sparty007

Can I reuse this CI Flange?

It is solid, I had to scrape a lot of gunk off, but looks in good shape. Just checking before I move on.....
  9. Sparty007

Old copper pipe larger?

Cut off some old copper supply lines for a bathtub last night to install a new mixing valve (whole thing really) and needed to use a slip coupling. Got it on (almost past the cut) and couldn't budge it either way. Recut the pipe lower thinking it was my cut that was the problem and test fitted...
  10. Sparty007

How level does a bathtub have to be?

I'm installing a Americast "Princeton" bathtub from Lowe's in my 1939 house. In attempting to put up my ledger board for my tub today it instructed me to install the board off the floor 13 5/8" on each stud. Once I had done that I threw my 4 foot level on it and my floor must be a little...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks