Search results

1. Jetboy55

Tub spout connection

Thanks, that helps allot.
  2. Jetboy55

Tub spout connection

Yes I have, in fact I painted my Delta shower trim that was chrome originally. Used a sealer after the paint. I don't know how long it will hold up, but it looks good now. Was going to replace the spout, thinking it wouldn't cost much, but if I paint the one I gave, I guess it might be better...
  3. Jetboy55

Tub spout connection

I'm hoping to get a after market spout because Delta spouts in black are so expensive. That's why I want to understand the size and nomenclature of the Delta adapter that is on my pipe. After further research I think it is 1/2 NPS, sound right?
  4. Jetboy55

Tub spout connection

The RP33794 looks exactly like what is on my pipe currently. Sorry no pictures, I haven't been home yet today.
  5. Jetboy55

Tub spout connection

I have a old Delta tub spout right now. It unscrews and what I see is a fitting sweated to the pipe. The fitting is threaded near the wall, but also has a o- ring about an inch further (away from the wall). The spout has threads right at the wall end. What kind of connection is this called? I've...
  6. Jetboy55

Toilet rough hole is too big

Thanks all, I went with the support from Sioux Chief and a Push Tite flange. All is good now
  7. Jetboy55

Thanks. I should have mentioned its only about 3/4" short of optimal. But it was enough that the flange (which I assume has a tapered fit) isn't tight in the pipe. Not sure there is enough room for what you described. I found the Sioux Chief PushTite flange P/N 886-GP which looks promising...
  8. Jetboy55

I removed the old cast iron toilet flange while remodeling. The hole in the floor is larger than I am used to and my new flange just barely overlaps the sub-floor, not enough support in my opinion, I would have to drive screws at an angle to bite into the sub-floor. So I ordered a flange support...
  9. Jetboy55

Fitting solvent weld p-trap to tub drain

Yeah, thanks for the help. That is the one I ordered due to an obstruction. It is 1 1/2, and I'm just under the maximum length in Wisconsin. I forgot that the drain fitting is basically a san-tee.
  10. Jetboy55

Fitting solvent weld p-trap to tub drain

I'm installing new pvc trap arm to my existing tub. Also replacing the tub drain and overflow assembly, using a new t-waste drain assembly from Jones Stephens. I'm also using a standard solvent weld 1 1/2 in p-trap. Not having done this in over 15 years, I realized there is something I don't...
  11. Jetboy55

Cast iron drain cleaning

Thanks. My cast iron is from 1963. I haven't seen any signs of severe degradation, no holes or soft spots above grade. But I know the interior looks nasty with allot of tuberculation and rust.
  12. Jetboy55

Cast iron drain cleaning

I'm replacing the cast iron dwv in my house. I have 3 stacks (2 baths, 1 kitchen) that go into the concrete and then join together. I want to, at least, have them cleaned really well....a fresh start so to speak to go along with the pvc above grade. I've seen a chain type of cast iron cleaning...
  13. Jetboy55

Tub drain assembly advice

Thanks. I ordered what I want in chrome. Went on chat with supplyhouse.com and with Jones Stephens (the manufacturer) and neither could tell me the drain size and pitch, so the black drain kit I also purchased is 1 5/8 OD, but comes with a bushing so it will fit 1 7/8 OD shoes also. I hope I...
  14. Jetboy55

"TubShroom" into new tub drain

I am purchasing a new T-Waste tub drain assembly. I want to use a "TubShroom" or something similar in the tub drain to catch my wife's hair, rarely will we use a stopper for a bath. If I buy one of the t-waste kits with a toe-touch drain, will I be able to remove the toe-touch portion and insert...
  15. Jetboy55

Thanks for the quick and accurate response, very helpful. Also....is supplyhouse.com a good place for a DIY'er to shop for plumbing parts? Is shipping expensive, should I just reserve them for hard to find stuff? I can't seem to find this at supplyhouse.com with black trim. Are the threads for...
  16. Jetboy55

I have an older cast iron tub that the previous home owner had refurbished at some point, and it's in great shape. I am replumbing the bathroom and replacing all the cast iron and galvanized pipe. I need to replace the tub drain/overflow assembly too. The current brass assembly has the drain...
  17. Jetboy55

Hot water recirculation question

My trunks are all 3/4, pex-a to master bath, copper to kitchen and1/2 bath. Both runs are about 50 feet in opposite directions. I haven't insulated yet, but I am certainly going to soon.
  18. Jetboy55

PEX-A Whole-home Repipe - Sizing Advice

I'm not a plumber, but I just did my entire house in Sioux chief pex-A. I would trunk and branch in 3/4 and use 1/2 to fixtures. I used a Watts recirc system with sensor valve under sinks and it's working great getting me hot water quickly on both trunks.
  19. Jetboy55

Hot water recirculation question

I did install the Watts system, and it's been about a month. I can say I'm very happy with it. Even though there is no return line, it still gives me very warm water within 3 seconds, and hot water within 10 seconds. That's way, way better than the 1 minute it used to be. The mechanical timer on...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks