Search results

1. Bubba

Pressure Drop due to CSV Valve

What is the approximate head loss through a CSV1A valve when it's throttling back a 10 GPM pump to say 6 GPM at 60 psi, and also 2 GPM at 60 psi?
  2. Bubba

Grundfos SP Pumps: "16S07-8" vs. "10S07-12"

My new build that was discussed here last summer got delayed until now. So I'm back for some final recommendations regarding a specific pump. Shallow well cistern (measured 32.5" ID) with approx. 5' (250 US gal.) reserve water in the cistern. TDH=190-200' (60 psi system+ 20' static head to...
  3. Bubba

Flow Inducer Sleeve

Using a submersible pump in a large tank or large casing, I understand the need to force a certain amount of water flow past the motor for proper cooling. But I see many of these flow inducer sleeve recommendations and pictures that look like the sleeve is barely larger than the motor housing...
  4. Bubba

Grundfos & Myers - Different PUMP Series

Does anyone have a handle on the different submersible pump lines for both Grundfos and Myers? In other words, what is their best line, next best, etc. within each company, and also if any of these lines are "floating stack" pump types as recommended by Cary Austin (as opposed to "floating stage...
  5. Bubba

CSV Operation While Pressure Tank being Filled

Let's say you want to setup a 2 storey house with a CSV1A valve and 20 Gal. pressure tank and 50/70 pressure switch. I understand a 10 Gal. pressure tank is usually recommended in this case, but maybe you want to try and get the best of both worlds and also reduce the number of pump cycles from...
  6. Bubba

Common Pressure Switches

Why are 40/60 and 50/70 pressure switches so common in residential applications? If you buy the appropriate pump with required volume and pressure, why not always go to a higher pressure switch (say 60/80 or 70/90) for a 2 storey, modern house?
  7. Bubba

Shallow Well Pump / Piping / Tank for New Build

I'm building a new house in a rural area, and would appreciate some help with recommended pump, CSV, pressure tank, etc.. I'm sold on the CSV concept, but not sure about best pump and sizing. I want to put in the best system for good pressure, water quality, and the absolute least maintenance...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks