Search results

1. Bubba

Pressure Drop due to CSV Valve

What is the approximate head loss through a CSV1A valve when it's throttling back a 10 GPM pump to say 6 GPM at 60 psi, and also 2 GPM at 60 psi?
  2. Bubba

Grundfos SP Pumps: "16S07-8" vs. "10S07-12"

OK, so when do you want each type?
  3. Bubba

No control box. Using a cycle stop valve instead.
  4. Bubba

Yes, shallow dug well, and pump will supply water to a pressure tank at the house, using a cycle stop valve. Yes, I want to put the pump horizontally near bottom of shallow well, which is why the length of pump/motor is a limiting factor. Inside diameter of shallow well is 32.5". Grundfos...
  5. Bubba

My new build that was discussed here last summer got delayed until now. So I'm back for some final recommendations regarding a specific pump. Shallow well cistern (measured 32.5" ID) with approx. 5' (250 US gal.) reserve water in the cistern. TDH=190-200' (60 psi system+ 20' static head to...
  6. Bubba

CSV Operation While Pressure Tank being Filled

That's what started this whole investigation to some degree. There are some very good plumbers around my area, but the one or two "well guys" made me think I was back in 1950 when I talked to them. I know there are a couple of well driller guys on this forum who really know their stuff, but in...
  7. Bubba

Flow Inducer Sleeve

Using a submersible pump in a large tank or large casing, I understand the need to force a certain amount of water flow past the motor for proper cooling. But I see many of these flow inducer sleeve recommendations and pictures that look like the sleeve is barely larger than the motor housing...
  8. Bubba

It's amazing more people aren't aware of this, although it does take a bit of work to think through the logic and really get it. My only concern was that if we're so intent on reducing pump cycles during "long demand" uses, why not also keep the number of cycles to a minimum for the small...
  9. Bubba

Grundfos & Myers - Different PUMP Series

Awesome explanation, thank you!!! After reviewing the conditions for my current build, either the Grundfos "15SQ07-180" (3/4 hp.) or the Grundfos "16SP10-10" (1 hp.) meet the requirements. It seems the SQ series has the advantage of a little less hp. for the same performance, as well as...
  10. Bubba

Grundfos & Myers - Different PUMP Series

Does anyone have a handle on the different submersible pump lines for both Grundfos and Myers? In other words, what is their best line, next best, etc. within each company, and also if any of these lines are "floating stack" pump types as recommended by Cary Austin (as opposed to "floating stage...
  11. Bubba

Personally, if I try to envision our typical household use, I think a 10 Gal. pressure tank (~ 2.5 Gal. useable) might create an excessive number of pump cycles due to short, low demand calls for water. I believe each of these cycles will also have the typical "surge" of volume when the faucet...
  12. Bubba

OK I get it now, that makes sense. Excellent explanation, thanks!
  13. Bubba

Let's say you want to setup a 2 storey house with a CSV1A valve and 20 Gal. pressure tank and 50/70 pressure switch. I understand a 10 Gal. pressure tank is usually recommended in this case, but maybe you want to try and get the best of both worlds and also reduce the number of pump cycles from...
  14. Bubba

Common Pressure Switches

I doubt that I've ever been in a cottage with a system that was well designed with plenty of flow, so I don't have a feel for what constant 50 psi or 60 psi is like in a shower. So if I put in a good system with say a 50/70 switch and CSV set to 60 psi in the basement, even 2 stories above I'll...
  15. Bubba

Common Pressure Switches

Why are 40/60 and 50/70 pressure switches so common in residential applications? If you buy the appropriate pump with required volume and pressure, why not always go to a higher pressure switch (say 60/80 or 70/90) for a 2 storey, modern house?
  16. Bubba

Shallow Well Pump / Piping / Tank for New Build

Great, thanks! After reading the most recent SP and SQ pump "Data Booklet" downloaded from the Grundfos USA website, they state that their submersibles can be used either vertically or horizontally.
  17. Bubba

@Reach4 Yes, I was intending to use some sort of pitless adapter, but I wasn't sure how I was going to attach it to the 36" HDPE (polyethylene) culvert. It's smooth walled on the inside, but I'm concerned about the start/stop vibration and keeping a secure attachment without wearing out the...
  18. Bubba

OK thanks! I've attached a link to the Pentair/Myers "Predator Plus" series of pumps https://www.pentair.com/content/dam/extranet/nam/myers/data-sheets/m9108ws-predator-series-ds.pdf, which includes the 15 gpm model. If I have the choice, is 12 gpm or 15 gpm preferred? Also, it seems you would...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks