Search results

1. Jay_NY

Installing New Upstairs Bathroom - Advice Needed

Hey everyone - I’m now cementing my connections and wanted one final check. The main thing I think is okay, but wanted to make sure of us where I have this wye to start the vertical part of my dry vent. The wye points back upstream. This should be okay though because at most the vent may see...
  2. Jay_NY

Anyone else have any feedback on my layout? <edited>Removed an image I accidentally attached
  3. Jay_NY

Sorry I know this is asking a lot, but is there any way you could sketch that for me? I’m having a hard time figuring out exactly what you mean
  4. Jay_NY

Okay I called an audible - will run the vent at 45 degree angle outside of wall then connect it to the main vent inside the wall. as far as I know (which isn’t very far), this should be compliant, yea? I’m fine with it running outside the wall to that point since I was thinking about...
  5. Jay_NY

My toilet is to the right (not pictured), about 15 feet before gets to the vent. Would there be any issues with this setup?
  6. Jay_NY

I tried to use my iPhone to edit the photo for what I think you’re saying. Is this what you’re saying?
  7. Jay_NY

I think I could swing that, I would just have to box in the pipe further out from the wall, but that’s where my steps are going so I could just make sure they extend past there and cover the pipe with the steps I’m not sure what you mean. Are you saying I would just do away with the entire...
  8. Jay_NY

Thanks! Glad someone liked my pretty drawing…it seemed like it was hard for people to read so I did the iso one instead. So I did what I said I would - ran the vent outside the wall past those 4 studs, then up into the wall to connect to the lav vent, which the toilet also wet vents into, then...
  9. Jay_NY

Thanks for the response. I think I changed the design from that drawing you referenced. The toilet is actually wet venting via the sink. I could probably still have the sink drain run over to where you said, but it might be challenging, and of course all of that has to run outside of the...
  10. Jay_NY

Alright it’s been a little bit since I last posted. I’ve been working on all sorts of stuff in the bathroom (wiring, ripping out and redoing ceiling) and I’m finally getting it roughed in and ready for the inspector. I was working on doing my vent for my shower & tub but came up to an issue...
  11. Jay_NY

Friend came up this weekend and we knocked out a bunch of the drain lines, got the waste pipe run through the downstairs bath and connected to the main stack. I also changed my plan and decided to just vent the sink straight out of the roof rather than trying to add 15’ of pipe and curve it...
  12. Jay_NY

Super, thanks for the eyes and the feedback everyone.
  13. Jay_NY

Thanks for the help. I went ahead and did another, cleaner drawing and also revised my plan a bit based on feedback. so the tub is vented before it joins with the shower and the sink is vented as well. The toilet wet vents through the sink’s vent. What I would like to do (as I tried to...
  14. Jay_NY

Thank you. Do you have any input for the venting of my drawing for my proposed setup? (I meant to draw p-traps by the way, not s-traps)
  15. Jay_NY

Hah, thanks for breaking it down for me. The septic was replaced a few years ago by a legit company as part of the NYC DEC watershed. I assume all drains are going into the new septic, though I suppose it is possible that the shower, washer, and kitchen sink are going into the old septic -...
  16. Jay_NY

Thanks for the replies. I don't know the purpose of the separate drain lines. On the other side of that wall is another crawl space, but the lines go under ground so I can't see if they connect. They must both run to the septic though. Here is another pic of the setup And here is a...
  17. Jay_NY

Yes that's duct tape. Would you believe me if I told you that this house was built by the town building inspector and he lived here for 40 years up until I bought it from him last year? Don't get me started on some of the other things I've had to fix here. I will be re-doing the downstairs...
  18. Jay_NY

No the home inspector did not flag anything plumbing related. The crawlspace was atrocious though so I doubt he went all the way back there to really look hard at it. I've since cleaned the crawlspace and put up the vapor barrier in the pics. The current installation does seem unorthodox to...
  19. Jay_NY

Hi - I bought a house in the mountains and am renovating it. I've already gone and replaced the former sheetrock ceilings and joists with 4x6 timbers with pine t&g on top to serve as the subfloor for the 2nd floor as well as the ceiling for the first floor. My next job is putting in a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks