Search results

1. interplexr

Oversize finished basement return, pull air from floor above

I’m currently reworking my HVAC for finishing my basement. The house is ICF and well sealed/insulated. I have a single unit for the whole house. Manual J calcs show my existing unit is adequate for the house including the basement addition. I’m relocating the unit from one part of the basement...
  2. interplexr

New basement bath venting question

Thanks Wayne! The shower vent is there roughed in so I figure it can’t hurt to use it. Is that existing 1-1/2 vent that includes the half bath above adequate for the additional fixtures then? I’m still not sure if I can add the ejector to that vent as well if I am able to use the pro vote...
  3. interplexr

New basement bath venting question

I’m planning out a basement finishing job and am looking at the basement rough in plumbing for the future full bath (shower, vanity, toilet). The piping is roughly as shown in the attached sketch. Directly above is a small half bath. The 1.5” vent from that bath was stubbed down into the...
  4. interplexr

Jump duct from 1st floor sunroom to finished basement

I am finishing my basement (ICF) and moving my existing HVAC system/ductwork and taking the opportunity to get a more efficient heatpump that can better ramp down with our loads. I plan to duct the main 1st floor return to the new unit but we also have a return for our sunroom which would be a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks