Search results

1. GL77

Bidet power requirements

I would like to put in a bidet seat but I don't have a circuit free to power heat in it. The refrigerator circuit is right on the other side of the wall. It's 20A and includes a couple of rarely used GFCI receptacles. I could come off one of those and bring an outlet to the bathroom side of the...
  2. GL77

Acidic toilet bowl cleaners

I tried an acidic toilet bowl cleaner (I used EdFred) and found that it worked so much better than the ones available at the grocery store. I'm wondering why they aren't all formulated like this? I want to switch to this type of cleaner but first I wanted to check with plumbers whether there is...
  3. GL77

Hose spigot vacuum breakers

Thanks a lot for the replies. I don't have the built in anti-siphon type of spigot and I can't change it out. I've been looking at vacuum breakers on Woodford's site and the price can vary from around $7 to almost $50 so there must be some quality differences! Does a better quality vacuum...
  4. GL77

Hose spigot vacuum breakers

I have a question about the vacuum breakers that screw onto the hose spigot, I'm just curious how they work really. Are they 100% effective at keeping water from backflowing? Can a tiny amount of water get through before it closes off? I know how important they are. I just don't really...
  5. GL77

Bathroom smells after showering

Maintenance says your pipes aren't connected to sewer? Where the heck does the waste water go then?
  6. GL77

Who makes high quality supply lines for sinks/toilets?

I have a question. Why is the stainless steel rusting if there is a rubber tube inside? Not that stainless should rust anyway, but doesn't it need to be wet to rust? I only have the stainless flex lines at my washer and sinks. I haven't had a problem but I do have some cheap water alarms under...
  7. GL77

Is my partially cut exterior wall stud safe?

Sometimes it's harder having a friend or relative do a job for you. Resentments can crop up. Is your cousin a licensed plumber or a licensed contractor? Is there any reason you can't go down to home depot and pick up a roll of fiberglass insulation and feed it through the opening that is...
  8. GL77

Need help: how to best add a cleanout to a line in the crawlspace

We had a clog issue with a kitchen drain and had similar access to the pipe in the basement. We opted to just cut out a section of pipe about 10' long and replace it, it was totally clogged with grease. I'm religious about keeping grease out of the drain ever since then, I can't believe how...
  9. GL77

Is my partially cut exterior wall stud safe?

I don't know what's required but look at it this way, it will never be easier to insulate than it is right now. Why would you want to have any exterior wall that isn't insulated, especially if there is plumbing in it? Code where I am is that it must be insulated and all holes to non-insulated...
  10. GL77

Terry Love- cancer update

That is great to see! And Andrea, thanks so much for taking on the forum, you are much appreciated! It's easy to see that Terry was blessed with a great family, it's so good to see things continuing on. :)
  11. GL77

Bathroom sink conversion, single or double?

When there is space for it (like in this case) I like double sinks. It gives the opportunity for each person to have their personal space with the items they use nearby and also both can get ready at the same time if they need to. On a smaller counter, I think a centered sink is the way to go or...
  12. GL77

Tankless water heater with tank

My Rinnai has an internal recirculating pump. I don't know if yours is similar but I have not found it to make a difference at all. The problem is, you turn on the hot water. You have to turn it on a strong enough blast to trigger the tankless water heater to turn on. A trickle of water will not...
  13. GL77

Tankless water heater with tank

This is how I used to have mine set up, just a 6 gallon WH after the tankless, and it was the best system I ever had for hot water. Hot water as soon as you needed it, even if you are barely running the water, and it never runs out. When the WH had to be replaced, my plumber talked me into...
  14. GL77

When faucets are hard to find….

I love my old Delta kitchen faucet with washers and brass fittings and take good care of it so I hope it lasts forever. The one I had in my bathroom developed an internal leak and they sent me a new one. Delta is great like that. But I hate the new one with the cartridge and plastic tubing. You...
  15. GL77

Is it normal for water pressure to fluctuate when no water is running?

Thanks, I figured it was probably normal pressure variations. If it weren't for the sound the plastic tubing makes, I'd never be aware of it. It's weird to think of though. Plumbing is so interesting.
  16. GL77

I have an Apec 3 stage filter that goes to a drinking water faucet at my sink. It's really nice. I have tons of sediment in my water and it comes out the filter clear, albeit full of bubbles. I disconnected my ice maker in the refrigerator because I never use it.
  17. GL77

I have an undersink water filter that has plastic tubing lines that jerk just a little when water has turned on or off in the house or yard, just so you hear them creak and you know water pressure has changed. Today I've been around the house all day and I have been hearing them doing that...
  18. GL77

See you later, not goodbye!

I am so very sad to hear this. My condolences to the whole family. Terry was a great man who accomplished so much, he had a part in peoples' lives far and wide. I never met him yet I feel like I lost a friend and mentor, I have learned so much from this site, this creation of his. In my opinion...
  19. GL77

Is rubber pipe insulation safe near water heater?

I ran into a small problem, the plumber installed some of the lines pretty tight to the wall. Am I going to put undue stress on them if I force pipe insulation behind them?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks