Search results

1. Dar Dack

Installing Dishwasher where non existed before, no disposal, air gap question

So it's perfectly fine to just do the high loop and connect directly the DW to the DW connection on the tailpipe? I think i've just been reading too much before it's delivered and so many things about air gaps.
  2. Dar Dack

Installing Dishwasher where non existed before, no disposal, air gap question

Air gaps not required by my local jurisdiction, just the high loop. No garbage disposal. Is there a good reason to go with an air gap instead?
  3. Dar Dack

Basement Bathroom rough-in: please check my design

Yeah for mine it was just the GPM and length of 2" pipe for vent. Only pneumatic require dedicated according to code that my inspector was aware of. You could call your local building inspector and ask. That's what I do. That way you know 100% what will pass or not.
  4. Dar Dack

Oh I'm sorry I didn't realize your plumber was 100% dry, so he doesn't want to wet vent because there's no way to fix if problem, but even if you use AAV's stuff still under concrete without ability to fix if something happens. IDK, i'm sure there are plenty of wet vent under concrete without...
  5. Dar Dack

Protect PEX in basement walls?

Yes was doing blocking for cabinetry for sure, in the kitchenette area and in bathroom for vanity/mirror/etc, but i meant like later in living area or bedroom like oh I want to hang a shelve, is there water lines behind this wall, but the picture thing with notes will work perfect.
  6. Dar Dack

OK but if Pit in your area requires dedicated line, why not just run 2 vent lines in same area? I mean isn't the hole in your basin 10" below grade? If something is 20' away that requires 5" down at the start. Plus why worry about 45 degree, why not run a tee into wall and vent there, vent...
  7. Dar Dack

Yeah you're not missing something. Sometimes I just overthink things. Thanks, this works perfectly.
  8. Dar Dack

If building walls, why not just vent each item in the walls or share 1 with toilet/shower at least (they within few feet of each other it seems) and then tie in ceiling of bathroom or 42" above in the wall and then tie into dedicated vent for basin. My state I was allowed to tie in kitchenette...
  9. Dar Dack

I am finishing my basement. My plumbing has all been inspected and passed, but I was thinking. Some of the PEX and vent piping is in the middle of wall cavities right, and the bathroom and kitchenette area share a wall. Do I just remember not to hang shelves or anything on that shared wall...
  10. Dar Dack

Shower only PEX to shower head ok?

I know copper better, but i am on a budget for this. EDIT: or did you mean just to shower head, cause that I can do, only a few feet.
  11. Dar Dack

110 CFM Vent Fan

Yeah I'll guess I'll return it and go with a 70cfm non bluetooth fan. I honestly don't understand how a less powerful fan can use same diameter pipe and be ok. Like 70cfm can use like 90 ft 0 elbows 1 termination. Anyways, thanks for response.
  12. Dar Dack

110 CFM Vent Fan

You know even looking at Broan Nutone 110 CFM: https://images.homedepot-static.com/catalog/pdfImages/85/85b96547-666a-4f8e-a586-4c4ecfc0b214.pdf It doesn't give a length, just the same shortest/straightest possible. Even tho their own website would say for 110, X for 4" with 0 elbows. Like how...
  13. Dar Dack

110 CFM Vent Fan

The code. https://up.codes/viewer/new_york/irc-2018/chapter/15/exhaust-systems#15 Table: 1504.2 Residential. Also, https://tools.broan-nutone.com/duct-length/ says it's X not allowed. Model is this: 7148-01-AX...
  14. Dar Dack

110 CFM Vent Fan

Sorry, I am not sure where to ask this. I am putting in a basement bathroom and the fan my wife picked out is 110cfm because it has bluetooth/alexa speakers. However, it only has a 4" vent on back, and the ventilation code I could find says 100 is 10' max smooth metal, 125 is X (so no 4"...
  15. Dar Dack

Why not PEX b? Do you use a?
  16. Dar Dack

I've tried searching and most just talk about to tub spout. I'm putting in a 3/4 bathroom in my basement, and just want to make sure I can use 1/2" PEX to a drop ear for shower head. Something like this...
  17. Dar Dack

Rough in bathroom vanity elbow

So the elbow that is in the wall, can that be a normal 90? How does a sweep fit in there if not? Do you have a bit of the fitting come through wall instead of just some 1.5" pipe?
  18. Dar Dack

Moving washer just want to make sure what i have in mind is good

OK yes I understand what you are saying now, sorry and Yes I was going to make sure the flow/sanity tee was directed right way. Bit slow sometimes. Thanks.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks