Search results

1. Kevin P Varrasse

Discolored hot water after new HWH install

I have the exact same model WH and I am experiencing exactly what you went through. Thank you for posting that follow-up about the rusty nipple. Time to call Rheem.
  2. Kevin P Varrasse

Improperly Converted Expansion Tank?

Just an update. I contacted Amtrol and they said that it would work as it is configured. Although I modified it a bit to make it easier to work on in the future. Thanks for the help all!
  3. Kevin P Varrasse

Hoping to install it tomorrow evening! Never enough time...
  4. Kevin P Varrasse

I apologize my original post was incomplete. I am replacing the expansion tank, TP gauge and relief valve. The HVAC company said that the expansion tank was bad, they didn't test it , but I am okay with replacing it with a bigger one since everything is undersized for my house. So, my original...
  5. Kevin P Varrasse

Hello. Just bought a new house and working on getting the heating system working properly. Boiler: Weil-McLain CG-5 Series 12 My main question is: While looking in the owners manual for my boiler I noticed that the current expansion tank was "not installed properly" and my hunch is that it...
  6. Kevin P Varrasse

Cast Iron Hub broke just below concrete floor/foundation

Oh my! It is another hub! There is so much buildup on it that I thought it was some sort of rounded bulby joint that I've never seen. Embarrassing.:oops: The pipe is dead center of my house and it goes straight out to the city's sewer lines. Would love to rip it out and replace it but that's...
  7. Kevin P Varrasse

Cast Iron Hub broke just below concrete floor/foundation

Probably a common problem DIYers have when trying to switch out CI to PVC but I was digging out the lead from the hub and the pipe snapped just below the concrete. I cleared out around the pipe for a better image. Advice on how to proceed? (Also included a picture of inside the pipe because it...
  8. Kevin P Varrasse

Branch off and rejoin a water supply line?

Will try to explain in words but also took pictures and sketched up my idea. Remodeling. Adding a second bathtub/shower with secondary rainfall showerhead. (So, bathtub faucet, regular showerhead and an overhead/ceiling rainfall showerhead). Looking at the scope of the project I decided to run...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks