Search results

1. Owen

Drain Pipe Rats Nest

Hello All, I am going to enclose a ceiling that has a gas line and it has two unions in it. Can someone recommend a solution. I have read that I need some left right fittings. Not sure exactly what that entails, fittings, nipples etc. for 1/2 inch black iron union. What would I need to...
  2. Owen

Drain Pipe Rats Nest

Still working on my bathroom project. I am ready to tackle the water pipes. Much of the pipes are too low for the ceiling or are sticking out past the joists, so they need to be redone, either copper or PEX. My system consists of a a main 3/4 inch copper for hot and cold and then it...
  3. Owen

Drain Pipe Rats Nest

Hello all and Happy Holidays, We got our drain and vent plumbing all completed thanks to Wayne and his recommendations and we are now to the next phase of our project. I have purchased my rough in valves for the shower and for the tub. See picture where I am going to put them. When I put...
  4. Owen

Drain Pipe Rats Nest

Wayne, That looks like a plan, thank you. I am going to try to implement this. May have more questions, but for now this will keep me busy. Thanks, Owen
  5. Owen

Drain Pipe Rats Nest

The vent pipe that goes in the the utility room is 26" and the goes vertical up through the upstairs bathroom wall. Top edge of the ptrap is 13 inches from ceiling. THe bottom of vent pipe is 7 inches from ceiling. The vent gets reduced out of the wye down to 1.5".
  6. Owen

Drain Pipe Rats Nest

The pipe entering the wall, the one with the red arrow is a dry vent for the shower. It goes horizontal into the adjacent utility room and then goes vertical to the roof. It goes up through the wall of the shower upstairs. Well, I really don't know how to fix this issue.
  7. Owen

Drain Pipe Rats Nest

Ok, I think I understand. New picture of what I think you mean. Remove the current line that goes to wye. New line comes down from shower to ptrap, then horizontal to a 90 down to another 90 that goes to santee. Vent is top of santee . Does that work?
  8. Owen

Drain Pipe Rats Nest

I have some new pictures that might show the problem a little better. One picture shows the venting of the shower drain. The drain that sticks down by the log, is the shower drain that needs to be moved up because the bottom of the log is going to be my ceiling. The red arrow points to the...
  9. Owen

Drain Pipe Rats Nest

Hi Everyone, My wife and I are working on an unfinished basement bathroom project. I have a drain issues that I need some brainstorming about. It is an upstairs shower drain that is the issue. The major problem is that when it was installed, it sticks out past the joist so we want to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks