Search results

1. Mrmichaeljmoore

Hach 5b Hardness Test kit question

Quick question for the experts..... I have a Hach 5b Hardness test kit that I use to periodically test my water to ensure my softener is working properly. It expired in July 2011. Does anyone know if the test kit will still give accurate hardness results? Just curious...before I shell...
  2. Mrmichaeljmoore

Water Softener settings check-up....

I just wanted to run my softerner settings by everyone on the forum...I haven't looked at them in a while and wanted to make sure everything is in line.... Plus, I was recently trying to calculate how much salt I was using, and therefore calculate how much it was costing me for salt on an...
  3. Mrmichaeljmoore

Toto Dalton flushing problem?

I have Toto Dalton installed in my basement bathroom. This bathroom is hooked up to a Liberty Pump Pro 380 unit. As you can see in the video, when you flush the toilet it bubbles/burps/gurgles. Is it normal for the toilet to burp/gurgle like that? If not normal, what are possible causes? The...
  4. Mrmichaeljmoore

Problem with water spots on chrome fixtures

I am having a problem with spots on chrome fixtures. I am on well water. Location: Connecticut Here is my raw water analysis: Hardness - 21 GPG (grains per gallon) Iron - 0.05 mg/l (ferrous) Manganese - ND (not detected) pH - 7.3 standard units TDS (total dissolved solids) - 472...
  5. Mrmichaeljmoore

Aprilaire 1710A Stand Alone Dehumidifier

I am looking to replace my current dehumidifiers. They are loud and they are energy hogs. I am looking into the Aprilaire 1710A, stand alone unit. But I just wanted to get some experts opinions....to see if it is worth it. My current house setup: home location: Connecticut 1200sqft ranch...
  6. Mrmichaeljmoore

Sound Proofing a Waste Pipe (PICS included)

I have a waste line from the upstairs bathroom in the ceiling of my new basement bathroom. I will be boxing in the waste line (like a soffit). But I wanted to know if anyone had any tips for adding some soundproofing to the soffit. When the upstairs toilet flushes, it is quite loud in the...
  7. Mrmichaeljmoore

Dishwasher Odor problem -- Drain line? (PICS included)

I have a new Bosch dishwasher. (Model SHE5AL06UC) Purchased and installed in 12/2009. My wife and I have been noticing a really strong odor coming from the dishwasher. I checked the filter, it was clean. No large food particles. We are typically pre-rinsers, so there shouldn't be much...
  8. Mrmichaeljmoore

Toto toilet decision dilemma -- for basement bathroom w/ pump up

I need a little help deciding which Toto toilet I should buy for my new basement bathroom. The basement bathroom is hooked up to a Liberty pump up unit (Pro 380 series). My choices are: 1. Toto Dalton (CST734F) 2. Toto Drake (CST744SL) Is there anything I should consider when buying a...
  9. Mrmichaeljmoore

To insulate or not to insulate a basement bathroom??

I am in the process of doing a basement bathroom. It will be connected to an already existing finished basement. I have a question regarding what to do for insulation for the bathroom wall on the poured foundation wall. The wall is completely below grade. The sink and toilet will be on the...
  10. Mrmichaeljmoore

Vapor Barrier needed for basement bathroom wall?

I am doing a basement bathroom (see my other thread on my tiling saga)..... This bathroom wil be connected to the existing finished basment area. My question is regarding a vapor barrier for the bathroom wall that is on the poured foundation wall.... Do I need some plastic sheeting as a...
  11. Mrmichaeljmoore

Basement Bathroom Flooring options

I am having a full basement bathroom installed and just wanted to ask a few questions regarding flooring choices. Half of the basement is already finished. So, we will be breaking through the wall that separates the finished from the unfinished side and adding a bathroom there. The current...
  12. Mrmichaeljmoore

Basement Bathroom Tiling Installation Questions

I am having a full basement bathroom installed and just wanted to ask a few questions regarding tile installation. Half of the basement is already finished. So, we will be breaking through the wall that separates the finished from the unfinished side and adding a bathroom there. My friend...
  13. Mrmichaeljmoore

Water Main Shut off and Electric Hot Water Heater

I have a question regarding turning off the main water supply to the house but leaving the hot water heater on. The water heater is a Whirpool ELECTRIC water heater. I think it is 40 gallon. Here's the backstory: I came home last night to find that the supply line to my basment utility sink...
  14. Mrmichaeljmoore

Water Main Shut off and Electric Hot Water Heater

I have a question regarding turning off the main water supply to the house but leaving the hot water heater on. The water heater is a Whirpool ELECTRIC water heater. I think it is 40 gallon. Here's the backstory: I came home last night to find that the supply line to my basment utility sink...
  15. Mrmichaeljmoore

Test for salt/sodium levels in water

Quick question.... Is there a test a homeowner can do to check sodium/salt levels in the water? Sometimes it seems there is a salty aftertaste to my water.... mm
  16. Mrmichaeljmoore

Leaky well pipe (PICS attached)

I have a small leak in the wall where the water supply pipe from the well enters the house. To be clear, it's a groundwater leak....not the black well pipe. It only leaks when there is significant rainfall, but it is annoying nonetheless. I tried to fix the leak by packing the area with some...
  17. Mrmichaeljmoore

Should I get a permit for a basement bathroom?

Sorry for the X-post, but I wanted to get as many opinions as possible.... We are planning on haveing a full bath (stall shower, toilet and sink) installed in our basement. The basement is already finished, we would just be adding the bathroom. NOTE: This is not a DIY project. Work will...
  18. Mrmichaeljmoore

Should I get a permit for a basement bathroom?

We are planning on haveing a full bath (stall shower, toilet and sink) installed in our basement. The basement is already finished, we would just be adding the bathroom. NOTE: This is not a DIY project. Work will be done by licensed plumbers, electricians, etc. A friend of mine owns a...
  19. Mrmichaeljmoore

Basement bathroom plumbing options (pump up to septic line)

We are in the beginning stages of planning to install a full bathroom (stall shower, toilet, sink) in the basement of our ranch home. We have a septic tank. The main waste line runs under the floor of the main floor (or ceiling of basement), then out to the septic tank. Therefore, we are...
  20. Mrmichaeljmoore

Planting trees near a well -- need some guidance please

My wife would like to have a circular garden bed made to conceal the well cap....the well cap would be at the rear of the bed. In addition to some shrubs and perrenials, she was hoping to have a tree planted in the middle of the bed. She was planning to do an evergreen, like a blue spruce or...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks