Search results

1. Mrmichaeljmoore

Problem with water spots on chrome fixtures

I was just discussing the same thing with my wife the other day.... I am going to ask around to see if anyone else has any water issues. I guess I should try to find out how deep my well is and compare that to others...
  2. Mrmichaeljmoore

I know it seems silly to consider drilling a new well, but the prospect of having 2 new bathrooms (and a future kitchen renovation) ruined by my well water is not a pretty thought.... I think I have to consider all options at this point. I'm so frustrated......ugh.... Thank you for your...
  3. Mrmichaeljmoore

Hey dittohead..... Thanks for the reply. A few thoughts: 1. The thing that frustrates me is I'm still not 100% sure if the issue is silica. Yes, there is silica in my water (16 mg/L). But, I'm not sure if that is the problem causing my spotting/staining/scaling. Not one water treatment...
  4. Mrmichaeljmoore

Update from OP A few months back I had another local water treatment company come out to investigate the staining/spotting issue I have been having. They inspected my softener unit. They said the settings were correct and it seemed to be running correctly. They suggested a polyphosphate...
  5. Mrmichaeljmoore

I hear what you are saying. But at this point in my quest, I was trying anything to get a better idea of what is causing the spots/stains.
  6. Mrmichaeljmoore

Correct. The silica test was done on treated water.
  7. Mrmichaeljmoore

Original poster here....again.... I have an update...but unfortunately, no solution to the spotting problem. As I said previously, I've been trying to get to the bottom of this spotting issue. Up to this point, I have been merely wiping down the chrome fixtures after each shower. But, that...
  8. Mrmichaeljmoore

Hach 5b Hardness Test kit question

Quick question for the experts..... I have a Hach 5b Hardness test kit that I use to periodically test my water to ensure my softener is working properly. It expired in July 2011. Does anyone know if the test kit will still give accurate hardness results? Just curious...before I shell...
  9. Mrmichaeljmoore

Water Softener settings check-up....

Dittohead-- I changed the settings to the following: Salt 7# per cubic foot. (I chose 7 because in one post you said I should do 6# and then you said you personally do 8#, so I figured I'd go in the middle.....that ok?). This automatically changed the capacity of the softener to 38KG...
  10. Mrmichaeljmoore

To answer your questions: Household: 2 adults, 2 children Raw water hardness: 20-22 (WELL WATER) Residential usage with no additonal irrigation or swimming pool. Just faucets, laundry, etc. I also have a sediment filter prior to the water softener and a carbon filter after the water...
  11. Mrmichaeljmoore

I just wanted to run my softerner settings by everyone on the forum...I haven't looked at them in a while and wanted to make sure everything is in line.... Plus, I was recently trying to calculate how much salt I was using, and therefore calculate how much it was costing me for salt on an...
  12. Mrmichaeljmoore

Thanks for the help and info...... I may look into some sort of polyphosphate system for the house to reduce the silica as a last resort. Not sure what else to try at this point. Just have to find one that works for whole house and is DIY friendly.... Oh, and the wife wants to me to do...
  13. Mrmichaeljmoore

Ill send you a PM regarding the whole house RO and polyphosphate.... I don't think I want to go the route of a whole house RO.....I don't want to add anything else to my "honey-do" maintenance list.:D About polyphosphate feeders....can you recommend a unit? It might be worth a try...
  14. Mrmichaeljmoore

That is what I've been doing as I search for a solution to this problem. But, and maybe I should have made this clear in my original post, but I'm also concerned about the buildup of the spotting on the shower tile, tub. I concur that wiping down the fixtures takes just a minute or so, but you...
  15. Mrmichaeljmoore

Well.....still no luck playing with the blending screw.....so I'm selfishly bumping my thread to the top in frustration with my water situation. I'm still getting spots on fixtures that can only be removed with chrome cleaner. Any help from the water experts here would be appreciated...I'm...
  16. Mrmichaeljmoore

Original Poster back.....with an update Hey everyone....original poster mrmichaeljmoore here with an update on my water spot saga. It's been a while since I've posted, so let me give a quick summary of what I've done. I've had 3 water quality professionals come to my house to help me...
  17. Mrmichaeljmoore

Toto Dalton flushing problem?

So......the fact that folks are trying to figure out why the toilet is gurgling/burping when I flush it, does that mean it should not be doing that? That there is something not right? I've never had a Toto toilet before so I dont know what is normal operation/flushing.... To answer the...
  18. Mrmichaeljmoore

I checked the water level in the tank. The water is just above the water line mark (WL and a black line) on the over flow tube. Any other possible causes for the burping? Thanks. mm
  19. Mrmichaeljmoore

A plumber installed the toilet so I am not sure about the water level or any adjustments. I will check tonight and report back. thanks. mm
  20. Mrmichaeljmoore

I have Toto Dalton installed in my basement bathroom. This bathroom is hooked up to a Liberty Pump Pro 380 unit. As you can see in the video, when you flush the toilet it bubbles/burps/gurgles. Is it normal for the toilet to burp/gurgle like that? If not normal, what are possible causes? The...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks