Search results

1. OGKris

Venting toilet using elbow w/ low heel inlet

I'll give it a try! Thanks Wayne.
  2. OGKris

Just to be clear, you're saying I can get rid of that elbow w/ low heel inlet and replace it with a regular 90 elbow and keep everything else as-is?
  3. OGKris

There's a joist in the way of the toilet connection that I don't want to cut, which requires me to join up to the stack lower (See picture in 1st post). That's why I have the second vent there for the toilet. I think a vent is required before any elevation changes right? Note, noted, thanks!
  4. OGKris

Thanks for the quick response! However, I decided to rip it out because I realized there wasn't enough room to line up the shower trap with the center line of the shower pan, newbie mistake. I need to move out the shower trap arm. Any one see any issues with this reconfiguration under IPC? I...
  5. OGKris

Is this configuration compliant with IPC? I'm trying to stay within the joists to avoid needing to build out a box on the other side of the wall.
  6. OGKris

Basement Bathroom DWV Layout

Yes, taking the opportunity to replace all of the upper level group as well so it will be 3".
  7. OGKris

I did one more variation. I'm trying to go around the existing wall instead of under the wall since I already opened it up just to the inside of the wall. I am offsetting around the wall and have a wye to the stack for the upper level group. Also going down to a 3" for the stack. Does this look...
  8. OGKris

Hmm, I thought that's what I did. Might just be a perspective issue with the render. Here it is from the top view. It's all on the same elevation (with 2% slope) except for the vertical at the lav.
  9. OGKris

Wayne, the technical explanation is very much appreciated. I was thinking along the same lines that it wouldn't matter physics wise if the wet vent went horizontal and vertical more than once, for the same reasons that a wet vent is allowed to have unlimited length. But if there's even a...
  10. OGKris

Thanks for quick input! Wayne, good to have a second set of eyes saying it is IPC compliant. I've been doing a lot of research on wet venting but haven't seen this exact scenario so very much appreciate it. Yes, wondering whether it's worth the extra effort to cut more concrete to pick up the...
  11. OGKris

If the long wet vent is a bad idea, what about keeping the wet vent at the shower as well and tying the shower and lav vents together?
  12. OGKris

Looking for some direction on this basement bathroom remodel with cast iron drains below slab. Here is the existing layout. Red = Below Slab Drain Green = Vent Blue = Wet Vent The existing layout was cramped and not to code. The previous owner had to remove the shower door because there...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks