Search results

1. Brecchi

Air Gap recommendation for softener

Yep, that's right. I'm supposed to let the resin soak for 24 hours before taking the softener out of bypass mode. Glad I can unplug without worry of losing settings.
  2. Brecchi

Thanks. I believe my iron level is very low. No brown staining, maybe a VERY little bit around the inside of the toilets, although the rings are a bit more "blackish" and not too bad at all. I could post the number again, although I forget off the top of my head what a "high" iron content...
  3. Brecchi

Hi Jeff, thanks for the insight. They had no problem with installing an air gap as opposed to a check valve. The washer drain did end up being a viable option once they cut a hole in it and took a look, but they decided to install the air gap more cleanly right beside the main unit. I ended...
  4. Brecchi

Hi Guys, Just got everything installed. Everyone across several threads has been helpful in different ways, I figured I'd post the final result (even though I am a bit worried about being told that this is all wrong!) In any case, the crew took about 3 hours from start to finish. They...
  5. Brecchi

Hello Reach4, good idea about asking the softener provider for a reference. Regarding a project design and a bill of materials, I wouldn't ask anyone specifically to do anything that is too much, or a waste of their time. My comment was more of an explanation of where my ability is if I were...
  6. Brecchi

Hey Guys, The test cap o the W/M box says "Cut out with a knife" on the top. Looking at the way the hot and cold water taps are set in, I'm sure its not a screw type cap. I'd love to be able to keep this simple, but I just don't have the vocabulary to keep up. I don't find it to be time...
  7. Brecchi

Thought so, thanks John. Hey Jeff, regarding the washing machine hookup, I believe this is where the original setup was. The basement was turned into an in-law suite in the last few years with the bathroom sharing the left wall of the utility room, where the washing machine hookups are. The...
  8. Brecchi

Thanks John, I'll do that. The hooked part coming off is the air gap I assume? Thanks for the diagram, I'll have to figure out all of the PVC parts and fittings this will entail, as well as the air gap itself to buy. Any particular reason its better to go down to the bottom pipe rather than...
  9. Brecchi

If that ends up being the best place to install, do you have a recommendation for a specific part and fittngs?
  10. Brecchi

I've attached a couple more pictures of the bathroom (IMG 1628 and 1629), just so you can see the minimal amount of visible piping. IMG 1627 is a close up of J, Img 1630, 1631 and 1632 are where everything joins behind the water heater. You can see that J has purple colored adhesive joining...
  11. Brecchi

Septic cover and proximity to the house. You can see the cover on the lower left hand side of the second pic. That gap at the top has me a bit worried, maybe I should cover it completely. Apologies for the low resolution, I had trouble uploading these for some reason.
  12. Brecchi

Reach4, thanks for labeling the photo, its super helpful: 1. The other side of the wall is a bathroom. I've attached a photo. Any piping going into that room is completely sealed behind the wall. 2. I can't see a drain at all near the washing machine hookup. I've attached a picture of the...
  13. Brecchi

By access pipe, I mean where I'm assuming a septic truck would pull up and attach a large hose to pump out the tank. Its sticking up out of the ground on the side of my driveway which is a floor above the utility room, and some distance away. I need to find out the location of the tank, and...
  14. Brecchi

Hi Guys - the truth is I need to do a bit more homework on my own place. IE, where the septic cleanout is and various other details. I'll write back shortly when I have some answers and I'll add some pics as well.
  15. Brecchi

Reach4, I have a couple of answers, and I can find out the rest: - Not sure about a sump pump or exactly where the sealed septic pit is located. The access pipe is actually between our front door and detached garage, one floor up and not very close to the utilities room in the basement. I'll...
  16. Brecchi

Hey Reach4 - I'm pretty new to all of this so you are correct in that I don't really know the proper way to ask about this. Basically, the company I'm using usually puts in a check valve in these installs, but after much research I asked if he would put in an air gap. He agreed, but I'll...
  17. Brecchi

Hey guys, I am looking to buy an air gap fitting to add to the Fleck 5600SXT that a local water softening company will be installing. I have 2 lengthy threads on the details, which a lot of you have contributed to, but its been a while since I've posted and I figured I'd start a new thread for...
  18. Brecchi

WaterSoftening company vs local plumber?

Geez - I was completely wrong about Company #2 using Clack units. I called back and was corrected. I could have sworn they said Clack, its a bit weird. They are the local dealers for a company called Evolve, and the 2 models offered are the EVS and the ES. Reach4, sorry for the confusion...
  19. Brecchi

That diagram helps quite a bit. I think I'm finally understanding. It looks like one of these would be sufficient...
  20. Brecchi

Thanks for the clarity Reach4. #1 for both. PVC drainpipe disappears into the side wall, and is behind the drywall in the adjacent bathroom. I'd like to have a pro install a standpipe, trap and AAV. I am a bit hesitant to come off as a newbie, who at the same time is a know-it-all...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks