Search results

1. TacoFan

Is this shower drain bad?

Hi all, my wife and I recently bought a house. The inspection report said the primary shower leaks pretty badly, so we haven’t used it yet. The grout is cracked, so I started removing the grout to regrout it. When removing grout, I removed the shower drain cover to clear out a ton of hair. I...
  2. TacoFan

How to align PVC pipe in cast hub with donut

Hi all, I recently cut out the 1.5” galvanized clothes washer stand pipe, p trap, tee, and the pipe between the tee and the cast iron hub. The cast iron hub was fitted with lead and oakum. I added a Fernco donut of the best possible size (which was quite tight) and got the PVC in there. Now...
  3. TacoFan

Renovating old house electrical room by room?

Hi all, I have a 1955 house with 2 wire electrical. The house has 100 amp service, a 100 amp main breaker outside, and two panels inside. None of the wiring is grounded. I recently had the main breaker replaced due to a faulty breaker. In the future I will upgrade to 200amp service and also...
  4. TacoFan

Toilet Water Supply Line, what size is it?

Hi, I’m in an old house with old shutoff valves. I need to replace my toilet supply line. The shutoff valve outlet size seems like it may be uncommon. So far I know the water shutoff valve outlet is not: - 3/8 (way too small) - 7/16 compression (too small) - 1/2 compression (too small) - 1/2...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks