Search results

1. Ivan Blackford

1.5" horizontal run, change to 2"? Ontario

Hi All, I'm writing about a home in Ontario. I have a bungalow with a 1.5" drain run, about 40 feet long. Here are more details: -About 6ft from the main stack is the horizontal wye connection to the bathtub (also 1.5") -The kitchen sink is at the end of the 40ft run, with one 90 degree bend...
  2. Ivan Blackford

Snapped off Moen 1222 shower cartridge

Hi all, I have a friend with a snapped off Moen 1222 cartridge. I'm tasked with removing and replacing it. I've done one in the past years ago, and I struggled with it...the old cartridge came out one piece at a time, and it took a while. I'm looking for tips on how to remove it quickly...
  3. Ivan Blackford

Drinking faucet identification (Maybe Grohe?)

Hi All, I am trying to find a broach (is that the right term? I'm looking for the white nylon insert that goes in the handle). I'm having a hard time finding the part number or where to buy what I need. Can anyone help me identify this faucet? It's a drinking water faucet: I think it's a...
  4. Ivan Blackford

Zig-Zag undersink plumbing?

Hi All, I apologize if this is a simple question and has been answered before. I'm trying to rectify a very poor drain plumbing install under a double kitchen sink. The pipe comes up through the bottom of the cabinet and is not vented. I don't have access in the ceiling below to install the...
  5. Ivan Blackford

First time doing below slab drain plumbing, many questions

Hi All, This is my first time doing any major work below a concrete slab. I live in Ontario, and the home is in Ontario. I have the following: The total run length, from the intersection with the main drain to the end of the green segment is 25ft. The White intersection is the main 3" drain...
  6. Ivan Blackford

Stacking inlets on stack...is there a limit?

Hi All, I apologize if my question is simple or has been answered before...I did look for similar questions, but I couldn't find what i was looking for. I'm in Ontario, so my question pertains to what is legal in the province of Ontario, Canada. I'm cutting out a section of copper stack in...
  7. Ivan Blackford

Maximum horizontal pipe diameter in load bearing (2x4) wall

Hi All, I apologize if this has been posted already, or if this is the wrong forum for this. My questions pertain specifically to the building codes and practices in Ontario, Canada. I'm looking at running a horizontal vent pipe, 1.5" ID,~2" OD, through a load bearing 2x4 wall. Is this...
  8. Ivan Blackford

O-ring chart/database for common brands?

Hi All, I apologize if this has already been posted. I often find I'm needing spout O-rings and other o-rings for various faucets (Moen, American Standard, Delta, etc). I also have a number of o-ring kits, but I don't really want to try every single size until I get the correct one. Is there a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks