Search results

1. Ivan Blackford

1.5" horizontal run, change to 2"? Ontario

Hi All, I'm writing about a home in Ontario. I have a bungalow with a 1.5" drain run, about 40 feet long. Here are more details: -About 6ft from the main stack is the horizontal wye connection to the bathtub (also 1.5") -The kitchen sink is at the end of the 40ft run, with one 90 degree bend...
  2. Ivan Blackford

Snapped off Moen 1222 shower cartridge

Yeah, I can't speak to other cartridges other than the type that I worked with, but if you have a similar model to mine, then the process works. It looks like there's a difference between the 1222 and 1222b? Anyone know what it might be?
  3. Ivan Blackford

Success! I may have stumbled upon a lesser known method: I did the following method, based on a little inspiration from here and youtube: 1) Remove all the various covers and clips as if it were a normal cartridge removal 2) Drill the centre of the cartridge out with a 27/64" drill bit. You...
  4. Ivan Blackford

Hi all, I have a friend with a snapped off Moen 1222 cartridge. I'm tasked with removing and replacing it. I've done one in the past years ago, and I struggled with it...the old cartridge came out one piece at a time, and it took a while. I'm looking for tips on how to remove it quickly...
  5. Ivan Blackford

Drinking faucet identification (Maybe Grohe?)

They were pretty useless to be honest, tried to sell me a chrome knob for my white faucet. They did admit the part number you found was discontinued, and said that nothing was available as a cross. They didn't recommend the part I found, which concerns me a bit.
  6. Ivan Blackford

I called grohe but they were no help unfortunately....they can't get that part number. But a little more digging around the internet, and i found that 45055000 looks very similar to what I need: Could this possibly fit my needs? Thanks, Ivan
  7. Ivan Blackford

Thanks for the quick follow-up and the great information! I'll follow up with Grohe and see if they have anything for me.
  8. Ivan Blackford

Hi All, I am trying to find a broach (is that the right term? I'm looking for the white nylon insert that goes in the handle). I'm having a hard time finding the part number or where to buy what I need. Can anyone help me identify this faucet? It's a drinking water faucet: I think it's a...
  9. Ivan Blackford

Zig-Zag undersink plumbing?

One last question, is there a restriction on mechanical take-apart joints in a DWV system in Ontario? I would like to put one of these just above the cleanout, so that I can remove the entire undersink assembly in the future for cleaning or AAV replacement:
  10. Ivan Blackford

Thanks for the advice, I get the reasoning for not wanting it horizontal at all, given that if the drain backs up, water will go into the vent pipe, and it wouldn't have a good way to exit if the pipe is horizontal. I plan to tuck the AAV as high up as I can beside the sink, such that it's as...
  11. Ivan Blackford

Will keep this in mind, thanks!
  12. Ivan Blackford

I wish I could do that, but the downpipe is wayyy too close to the sink centreline for that. It looks like you have just enough distance to make it work nicely...I would need another 6-7 inches of separation, otherwise the path from the trap weir to the wye starts to look like a pretzel...
  13. Ivan Blackford

Got it, thanks! For my final answer, I shall do this:
  14. Ivan Blackford

My concern was that water from the leftmost sink has to flow right towards the right sink, bend 180 degrees, and then head towards the trap. I'm not sure if this is allowed or not, but it sounds like i may be overthinking it. :) Ivan
  15. Ivan Blackford

Yes, kinda... however my drain pipe isn't located at the back of the cabinet, it comes up through the cabinet about inline with the leftmost sink drain. Is the zig-zag an issue?
  16. Ivan Blackford

Hi All, I apologize if this is a simple question and has been answered before. I'm trying to rectify a very poor drain plumbing install under a double kitchen sink. The pipe comes up through the bottom of the cabinet and is not vented. I don't have access in the ceiling below to install the...
  17. Ivan Blackford

First time doing below slab drain plumbing, many questions

Thanks for all your help here, I passed the inspection yesterday with no issues. I ended up not putting a floor drain in the branch I made. I simply moved an existing 3" floor drain to a better location. For the new branch, I used 2" for everything underground, using wyes and 22.5's where...
  18. Ivan Blackford

From what I can see from the OBC, the following applies to me: 1) As per OBC 7.1.4.2: (1) Where gravity drainage to a sanitary drainage system is possible, a floor drain shall be installed in a basement forming part of a dwelling unit. 2) As per OBC 7.4.9.3: Washing Machine pipe size: 2"...
  19. Ivan Blackford

This was my instinct, that I needed to go 3" underground. Can anyone confirm what the requirements are for ontario? What are the relevant sections of the OBC that I should review for this? Thanks, Ivan
  20. Ivan Blackford

I've done lots of above ground, inspected plumbing (with some assistance from this forum) so I'm not quite a newbie, I just haven't put it below a slab, so I want to know 100% that I'm getting it right! :) in regards to the floor drain, if I were to add a branch for a floor drain, would it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks