Search results

1. Robert S.

Sealed Water Heater; Pilot lights outside, not inside.

Thank you fitter for the link. I'm starting to seriously consider just replacing the unit, especially after that read. No the water never rose above the gas valve, but the bottom of the tank up to the valve was swimming, hence my astonishment that the pilot didn't go out that day, no fail safe...
  2. Robert S.

Bannerman: Very certain it is not an automated pilot. The pilot light instructions pretty much read, red button to activate the solenoid while the gas control is set to pilot. Then press on the red plunger to get spark from the igniter. After pilot is lit, keeping holding down red solenoid for...
  3. Robert S.

Hello, we have a hot water tank from 2004, a sealed combustion type from GE. Recently our basement flooded which knocked out the pilot. When trying to relight the pilot I could see the spark from the little view window but alas no flame. I uninstalled the combustion unit to check inside and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks