Search results

1. donk

Vibrating pipes

Hi - we had our whole townhouse re-piped with CPVC(?) pipes about a year ago. Now we are getting a vibration in the basement whenever any faucet is shut off. You turn off a faucet and then about 5-10 seconds later you can hear the low rumble from the basement for a few seconds. I can see and put...
  2. donk

question about home radiator

Hi - is there any way to (easily) disassemble a big, heavy, iron home hot water radiator so it can be taken outta the house without breaking my back? It's the old kind with a series of "coils" that appear to be welded together? Or are they welded? Thanks, Donk
  3. donk

radiant heat question

My son is renovating the basement of his 1940's era house. He's having the big old iron hot-water radiator pipes that hang below the ceiling replaced with flexible black Pex(?) tubing and put up into the ceiling. A plumber mentioned to him that some people are choosing to dispose of the...
  4. donk

about radiator heat

Hi - I'm asking for my son who bought a circa 1940's house with radiator heat... He's had central air/heat installed on the top 2 floors. Now he wants to keep the radiator heat only in basement. The boiler is in basement and the system has a loop of pipe going around the ceiling. Off of...
  5. donk

White stuff in my faucets

Hi - can someone maybe tell me what these tiny white stone-like pieces are that I find in my aerators all the time? They clog up the water flow. Since about a year or 2 ago I've had to remove and clean the aerators maybe twice a week. Mainly it's the kitchen sink faucet that gets clogged -...
  6. donk

Nuisance or danger - banging pipes

Hi - we recently had our townhouse totally re-plumbed with CPVC supply pipes (to replace the defective polybutylene it was built with). About 7 months later some of the pipes have started to make a banging noise after the water is shut off on certain faucets. The noise is not too loud (more...
  7. donk

Can I move radiator water pipes into ceiling?

My son just moved into a house built in the early 40's. In the basement the black steel (iron?) pipes that lead from the boiler to the radiators above run a couple of inches "below" the ceiling board - in full view, and requiring tall people to almost have to duck. He wants to know if there's...
  8. donk

Heat Pump leaking?

Hi - you guys helped me before, now I have a prob with my heatpump. I live in a townhouse. I have the condenser in backyard and the evaporator/fan unit off my living room. The pipes that connect them run through the ceiling to the backyard. There's a little electric pump unit next to the inside...
  9. donk

re-piping whole house

Hi - We had a plastic water line break in my condo's ceiling last week causing major damage. It's a 2 level townhouse with an apartment underneath. It was built around 1985 with that plastic poly pipe that is illegal now. Some of the ceiling came down, so a fair amount of the pipes are now...
  10. donk

follow up to sharing water via garden hose

Hi - thx for all the replies about sharing my water with my neighbor who had a pipe break. I hooked the 2 bibs together and now she has water to flush toilet at least. I got 1 follow up question: Is there any way that she can still use her hot water heater to get hot water from my hose bib...
  11. donk

Sharing water via garden hose?

My neighbor had a pipe burst and her water is shut off for at least a few days. A plumber told her that it is possible to share our water with her by coupling our 2 garden hoses together? He said if we couple them, and we leave our hose turned on, and she totally shuts all her shutoff valves...
  12. donk

Icemaker not working

Hi - I posted recently about how to tap into my water supply to install an icemaker in my fridge. Well, I got it installed fine thanks to your help. So, all the plumbing is done and not leaking - but for some reason, the icemaker is not working. It's not sending water from the pump up into...
  13. donk

Can I attach brass valve to plastic pipe?

Hello - I'm about ready to tap into my under-sink Kitchen cold water supply, to install an icemaker. The supply coming out of the wall is a 1/2" plastic pipe. Here's a pic of it: http://tinyurl.com/2qzkqk It appears that the current, plastic stop valve is screwed into the plastic pipe. The...
  14. donk

Compression fitting with plastic pipe

Hi - I'm installing a new cold water shutoff valve under my kitchen sink. The valve I have is chrome plated, solid brass. It has a compression fitting for the outlet to my kitchen faucet. My question: will my current gray, plastic supply tube that goes from the valve up to the faucet, work...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks