Search results

1. Brandon Weiss

Can a female union tailpiece be used for male NPSM threads?

I have a device that has 1" male NPSM (straight) threads on both ends and I want to adapt it to 1" NPT. The instructions say to get two water meter fittings to make the connection to NPT, but water meter fittings are typically asymmetric (1-1/4" NSPM to 1" NPT or 1" NPSM to 3/4" NPT). I’m...
  2. Brandon Weiss

How problematic is water temperature above 140°F in PVC pipe?

Okay so I’m using PVC pipe for the drainage in our house and I’ve got this steam oven which gets plumbed in (it has a cold water line and needs drainage). The manual says the steam oven will discharge water at about 160°F. When water exits the steam oven it’ll run through a provided drain hose...
  3. Brandon Weiss

Sanitary tee in horizontal position for vent to drain transition?

Hey! So I know you never put a sanitary tee in a horizontal position to transition from a vertical drain to a horizontal drain. But what I’m unclear on is whether you can use one to go from a vertical vent to a horizontal drain. Anecdotally, in diagrams I’ve seen both wyes and sanitary tees in...
  4. Brandon Weiss

I’d like to understand the PEX to tub spout issue a little better

I know that there are a seemingly infinite number of threads on this forum about why not to use PEX to connect the mixing valve to the tub spout, but I’ve read a lot of them and while the explanations sort of make sense, I feel like I don’t understand them fully, and I’d like to understand the...
  5. Brandon Weiss

How do I upsize building supply off a water meter?

Apologies if this has already been asked (I looked but couldn’t find a good answer). I’m renovating a one-floor, ~1,500 square foot house into a 4 bedroom, 2 bath. It’s mostly pretty standard fixtures, except there will also be a plumbed steam oven and an outdoor shower. It seems like I’ll need...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks