Search results

1. Cityslacker06

Anode Rod Replacement

Since I am an amputee, I will not try this by hand because I know I will lose my balance and knock myself out. I tried once already, and it did not work out very well. I will get a regular air compressor (not the pancake style) and try using a pneumatic impact again. The pancake style will not...
  2. Cityslacker06

Anode Rod Replacement

Great information, sir. I will keep this in my memory banks as well.
  3. Cityslacker06

Anode Rod Replacement

Yessir. I will keep this in mind when the time comes.
  4. Cityslacker06

Anode Rod Replacement

Yes sir I did.
  5. Cityslacker06

Anode Rod Replacement

I made the decision that after 2 attempts to just forego doing this. Not worth the aggravation to me and I have a lot of other things that need greater attention, plus I do not want to risk damaging my tank, which I do not need to do right now.
  6. Cityslacker06

Anode Rod Replacement

It does appear that you are correct with this. I never thought about this information when I first started out wanting to get this thing replaced, but you are spot on. I returned all my tools that were bought for this Rod, and decided to just let it be.
  7. Cityslacker06

Anode Rod Replacement

Yes I did try rocking the trigger back-and-forth because I did that a lot when I was a car mechanic for many years. And I’m just wondering if the compressor wasn’t keeping up with the impact because it is only a pancake compressor so I may have to raise my regulated pressure up past 90 cause I’m...
  8. Cityslacker06

Anode Rod Replacement

I am going with the pneumatic impact wrench because the breaker bar I used was around 20 inches or something like that and with me being by myself I couldn’t keep myself steady and it kept physically moving the tank even though it was still full of water.
  9. Cityslacker06

Anode Rod Replacement

Absolutely! As a matter of fact, I have already wrapped the threads with PTFE tape and I have not even broke the old one loose.
  10. Cityslacker06

Anode Rod Replacement

I would have to agree with you and I am not willing to look for trouble. I tried 2 different ways of trying to get it loose and neither one worked, so even though I was prepared tool wise for a 3rd attempt, I do not feel at peace with trying a 3rd attempt. I will heed to the wisdom of someone of...
  11. Cityslacker06

Anode Rod Replacement

Yes, you are correct. This impact is above the IR 231. Thank you for the reminder of this impact, and I will look more into it, and try again. Cheers!
  12. Cityslacker06

Plumbers Putty vs. White Bathroom Silicone

So it appears that the new strainer flange has a rubber gasket on it so apparently there is no need for any sealant.
  13. Cityslacker06

I guess I used the wrong terminology, but it is not the actual drain, I am talking about the part that goes inside the tub, the strainer thingy. My apologies for the confusion.
  14. Cityslacker06

Anode Rod Replacement

I just found out that my water heater has an anode rod. Since it has not been replaced in the almost 6 years that we have lived here, I thought I would change it out to preserve the life of it. Not sure of how old it is, but we are not the original owners of our home. I bought a 1/2 inch drive...
  15. Cityslacker06

Just hatched new member, here. I have a 16 year old home that have the original one piece tub/shower combinations in the two bathrooms that we have. I need to replace the tub drains in both of them. I am not sure of the material they are made of, but I am thinking maybe acrylic, but probably...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks