Search results

1. Europe72dead

Help Replacing 1930s 4 Way Cast Iron DWV Pipe

A version of this seems to work perfectly!!! Anything look off to you or is this the best approach? The closest elbow will actually end up exactly where it’s located in the photo (it’s being relocated closer to the wall).
  2. Europe72dead

I’m sorry I misspoke, the tub does actually use the main 3” stack for venting which is why I want to connect the 2” run to a san tee inlet. will see if the pivoting and using 45s work in the morning. thanks.
  3. Europe72dead

Hey, thanks for the responses. the 2” run connects a sink, shower and tub to the 3” stack. The sink and shower have their own dry vent and both wet vent to the stack. Before reaching the stack, the tub connects into the wet vent to the stack (only about 4-5’ away from stack). First concept-...
  4. Europe72dead

I’m trying to replace the below fitting in order to drain vent both a 2” run (sink, tub, shower) as well as a 3” run (toilet). The original stack was 4” cast iron and will be replaced with 3” PVC. I’ve come up with two solutions but both have issues. The issue with one is that I’m using an...
  5. Europe72dead

Help Relocating Supply Plenum in Remodel

I am now understanding that it isn’t advisable to drop the trunk directly into the plenum. Is it normal practice to put vanes inside the plenum to achieve this? If going into the side of the plenum is my best bet I will have to source something like the attached elbow that will drop down from...
  6. Europe72dead

Let me draw this out and post. I’m somewhat following. I assume the 90 degree shortway elbow would need to be a custom piece that attaches to the 10”x21” trunk and then expands to a 5”x26” since it will now attach to the side of the plenum? (Where I have the 6”start collar which will now need to...
  7. Europe72dead

Hello, BACKSTORY- I’m in the middle of renovating a kitchen and in doing so need to relocate my primary supply plenum that services the entire first floor. It was previously 10” tall duct board and located in a drop ceiling over a 1/2 bath. GOAL- I am relocating the 1/2 bath and in doing...
  8. Europe72dead

Help- Transitioning from duct board trunk to metal

Great solution here, cutting a window in the offset and screwing from the inside seems like my best option. I was planning on connecting the offset to a 12” long steel duct that would go through the floor and meet up with the new plenum supply box I have built. Is this where you would use the...
  9. Europe72dead

Help- Transitioning from duct board trunk to metal

Hello, I currently have a duct board trunk from my air handler in the attic to a supply plenum in my kitchen which services the entire first floor. The trunk travels through a closet on the second floor. I need to relocate the plenum on my first floor which means moving the trunk over a foot...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks