Search results

1. Shubox56

Trace Copper Pipe

I own a townhouse with a closet dedicated to utilities -- furnace and hot water heater. It's a tight space with the water main, cutoff valve, and meter located behind the hot water heater. To cut off water to the house, I have to reach around the heater --- PITA! Anyway, there's 2 copper...
  2. Shubox56

Sealing Closet Flange

Hi guys, I replaced my 8 shutoff valves and 3 faucets and FINALLY getting ready to install the toilets. With that said, I have a question about sealing the space around the flange bolts. As you can see in the photo, I have chalked around the flange to prevent water from seeping down and would...
  3. Shubox56

Delta Tub Spout Diverter

Hi guys, I have the o-ring type diverter that has a set screw, are the replacement diverters of the same type pretty much all universal? I have a 24 year old Pfister shower diverter currently. Thanks in advance!
  4. Shubox56

Cutoff Valves

Hi guys, I have 8 2nd floor cutoff valves for toilets and faucets that are 24 years old, I'm guessing that replacement would be advisable even if functioning? Replacing all toilets and faucets.
  5. Shubox56

Install Guidance

Guys, I have been asking educational questions for weeks, a process that continues. So here's where I'm at: I bought my 2 Cadet 3 toilets and 3 faucets for install, searched for a plumber who's familiar with Sani Seal (found a service that actually recommends), but now they are MIA. Zero...
  6. Shubox56

Bathroom Lav Faucet Selection

Gents, I'm making a run to the big orange box to buy 3 bathroom faucets. I originally bought a Pfister faucet for $59, but in talking with the plumber that fell short of actually recommending a specific faucet, said I would be generally better served long-term buy buying a better faucet. I can...
  7. Shubox56

Cadet 3 Toilet Rock

Guys, I know that a toilet can be shimmed, but shouldn't most toilets be "right" out of the box? I bought 2 Cadet 3 toilets based on thousands of great reviews, one has zero side-to-side rock, but rocks front to back. It's not the floor. I laid the toilet on its side, and front to back is...
  8. Shubox56

Toilet Base - Stability

Silly question for you --- does a squared off base vs an oval add any additional side-to-side stability? Something like the AS Cadet Ovation.
  9. Shubox56

New to Site - Toilet Flange Question

Hi guys I'm replacing thin glued down floor tiles and replacing with a floating LVP, in doing so, my flange is going from a 1/8 above the finished floor to a strong 1/16 below the finished floor. I know that in a perfect world the flange would be roughly 3/8 above --- will the 1 1/4 extra thick...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks