Search results

1. jinenjo

Hot water reaches shower but not sink, why?

Hello. I wanted to post to say the problem was resolved. I ended up telling my landlord and he correctly diagnosed the problem. It was a cartridge in the spigot that needed replacing. I still don't get why it was effecting the flow of the hot water only, but once replaced, the GPM is fast enough...
  2. jinenjo

That's correct. I will try and replace the shut off valve. How would I check for "scale" in the piping? Can I use an auger to clean it out? I recently purchased one to clean hair out that clogged the bathroom sink and shower. Thanks again for both of your inputs!
  3. jinenjo

The bath sink seems like a modern faucet. Well, at most 10 years old or less. I'll look into replacing the valve. I measured the water flow by filling up a gallon jug and timing it. You may've misunderstood, the kitchen flow is strong. The only problem is the bathroom sink. Where would I...
  4. jinenjo

You're probably right. The bidet tee is not the problem. Just to clarify, the bathroom hot water is .5 GPM, but the kitchen is much faster. I didn't measure/time it (just judging by sight). The cold comes out much faster in the bathroom compared to hot. When I set the control to the middle...
  5. jinenjo

I ran the hot water faucet in my bathroom without the aerator and nothing happened even after 3 minutes. Then I turned on the shower and it did indeed get hot water flowing to the sink. I looked up the manual. The model is TK-2, apparently from 2006. This is what it says: "0.75 gallons per...
  6. jinenjo

So, I haven't done a complete battery of tests, but I think I know the culprit. To test the flow rate for hot water, I used the sink in the kitchen (which is very close to the WH, right outside on the other side of the wall). I turned the kitchen sink to hot, but at a flow rate similar to the...
  7. jinenjo

Great ideas. I'll try them all out and report back in a few days. Thanks
  8. jinenjo

Thanks. I'll try that again. I think I already did and nothing changed. What if it does nothing?
  9. jinenjo

Hello. I am in a rental unit and it has a Takagi tankless heater. In the bathroom, the hot water never seems to reach the sink even if I turn on the hot water and run it for several minutes. I'm talking 5 minutes or more. The distance is relatively far, and the hot water takes a while to reach...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks