Search results

1. Tj1dish

Rinnai RL94EN in Texas

Hi all, This forum has been very very helpful for my DIY projects in the past and I'm back with a new task :) Because of all nice reviews I bought a Rennai RL94EN tankless water heater for external mount. Manual advises to be 4' away from doors/windows by code, which I have, but no mention...
  2. Tj1dish

WET VENTING A TOILET TO A SHOWER AND TWO SINK CABINET

I see I never actually mentioned it before but I'm planning on a double wall - the existing one (4" ) to stay as a sound-reducing wall and another 4" plumbing wall on the bathroom side, so that way I'll have on hand total of 7" inside the sheetrock to play with. For the two lavatory sinks I...
  3. Tj1dish

Wayne, Thank you for your response!
  4. Tj1dish

Please take a look at the last picture I took, I'm always trying to simplify and so far this kind of set up seems the simplest so I wanted to see what y'all would say? First, since my drain to outside is 4" this time I'm using a 4" for the toilet. Before the elbow for the closet bend I have a...
  5. Tj1dish

Wayne, thank you for your response! 0) The 3" elbow is the closet bend and distance to the 3x3x2 wye is about 4'. 1) Your note on that makes sense, I didn't see it. 2) I can do the trap arm 1-1/2" , I'm just always overkilling
  6. Tj1dish

Gents, This last picture shows what I did, following your advice. I'm connecting the wet vent from lavatories then shower to the main 3" drain by a rolled up to 45° 3x3x2 wye. Hopefully the rest is ok but I have two questions: 1. Is it ok to roll up on 45° the 3x3x2? 2. Is it ok to use 2"...
  7. Tj1dish

My lavatory cabinet is 72" so the length of the wet horizontal vent becomes about 8'...
  8. Tj1dish

Reach4, I just uploaded a 3D sketch of the bathroom design. The blue cylinder in bottom right of the image indicates where the soil pipe exit is, the green vertical one is the vent location, in orange is the locations for the shower and toilet drains should be. Lavatories will be dry-vented to...
  9. Tj1dish

By the way, I'm using a 2" size for my lavatories drain also, that's why I posted pic #2 and #3 with a 3" wet vent all the way. Any thoughts?
  10. Tj1dish

Wayne, I read that 908.1.1 very same way you took it except I thought the wet vent above the shower trap arm to the lavatory arm serves the shower so it has to be 3". One problem is the space to fit the whole set in. My other problem is anywhere I look it shows similar setups with a 2" wet...
  11. Tj1dish

Reach4 and Wayne, thank you for your fast response! My bad, I attached wrong pic #1 - NO SANTEE on the bottom, I changed it to a 3" to 2" wye. Reach4, I'm in Houston, just, I always try to meet most restrictive code :) Also,"(if not mistaken Code says not more than 45 deg. for wet vent)"...
  12. Tj1dish

This forum is really helpful with awesome ideas and Code implications!! I'm embarking on my bathroom remodeling and before anything wanted to figure out the draining configuration to the existing drain. It's basement bathroom, is 6' wide only, all is on the same wall and that's why my goal is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks