Search results

1. RYAN OHARA

Moen tub spout impedes flow

I'm still at a loss for what this white rubber piece is... But the spout works! Thank you everyone. I greatly appreciate your help Florida-man and Terry.
  2. RYAN OHARA

Solved! Having taken the spout off just now I found the problem. The spout itself was totally fine. Just behind behind it I found this little white o-ring. Any idea what that is? It was restricting the water flow to a small hole but I don't know from where this came. I guess I can just...
  3. RYAN OHARA

The threads were the same. I did use some tape - perhaps that is the problem? That link was super helpful. Thank you! I just took it apart and it's still doing it! Guess I will be removing this spout to further investigate. For my own edification, why should there not be tape on these threads?
  4. RYAN OHARA

It is full size but it was not quite long enough to fit this tub spout as it's longer than the previous. I tried to replace the pipe itself but it seems soldered behind the tile wall. Would this adapter cause what I am seeing? I needed it to span the 1" gap since I can't easily replace the pipe...
  5. RYAN OHARA

Hey Terry! It screwed onto the pipe.
  6. RYAN OHARA

I purchased a Moen kit to replace everything in my shower. The previous parts were old and corroded causing the tub spout to leak significantly. Now that I have installed the kit (though not the handle yet) the tub spout is not exactly perfect. While it no longer leaks during a shower, the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks