Search results

1. Ntcarson

Multi-washer DWV Questions

Thanks again! Just wanted to close the loop - I finally got back to this project, picture attached (I added a sink stub through the wall at both ends, as well as a distant end cleanout). I didn't consider the offset of the boxes in the 2x6 wall, but no big deal. Let me know if you see any...
  2. Ntcarson

Adding 2 sinks on 1.5" horizontal run

Thanks Jeff - It will definitely be very light use. It'll be a few people coming and going for about an hour in the morning, then two people doing general office work for the rest of the day. That said, perhaps I should cut out the section of the stack and drop in a 2inch santee. Even though...
  3. Ntcarson

Adding 2 sinks on 1.5" horizontal run

Hey all! I need to add 2 sinks (stub out, p-trap, etc) in an office space that I am renting. There is an existing 1.5" pipe off the main stack and heading in the right direction. The crude sketch below generally illustrates my situation. 1) Obviously, venting is going to be a problem. Since...
  4. Ntcarson

Wax Ring Failure?

Thank you!
  5. Ntcarson

Wax Ring Failure?

Hey guys - thanks for checking! Reach - you are correct that the flange is below the tile, though just slightly. It has been close to 10 years since the builder installed and, I suspect, didn't do so optimally, as with many things in the house. As for plunger - we didn't keep one in that...
  6. Ntcarson

Wax Ring Failure?

Hello all, I was chasing down an AC issue at my house today and came upon a new leak. Fortunately, I was just under there recently, so it hasn't been going on for long. I traced to the most likely location (a toilet) and found the following condition of the wax ring/flange. Since I cannot...
  7. Ntcarson

New Mini Split Sizing Questions

I apologize for the long thread. I feel like heating will be my upper BTU constraint and, because of the super high ceilings, I'm leaning towards a 28k unit with a 18k unit in garage and the option for a 9k in the above room. Does this sound good, or would I be better off running 2 separate 9k...
  8. Ntcarson

New Mini Split Sizing Questions

Please feel free to ignore my ramblings and look at picture and questions - pretty self explanatory. Good morning! After some kicking and screaming, I have given into my families demands to make the garage a more flexible and usable space for gaming and exercising activities. While I'm very...
  9. Ntcarson

Pressure Test Leak

Good news - I got back over there and did the repair, as advised by Jeff H - thank you! Knocked out the plumbing rough-in inspection, framing inspection, and went ahead and threw up the insulation, so I can know that inspection out tomorrow. Thanks again for all of your help!
  10. Ntcarson

Pressure Test Leak

Hey Reach. Yeah, I wasn't thrilled with the configuration of the panel, but wasn't annoyed enough to replace - just re-organized as best I could. The ground and neutral are bonded under the mess on the left - I wish there was a strip on the right too. Probably quality of the image upload, but...
  11. Ntcarson

Pressure Test Leak

Thanks Jeff - I got pulled out of town for a couple days, but hope to get it knocked out tomorrow. Will let you know how I fare.
  12. Ntcarson

Pressure Test Leak

Thanks Jeff - I try to be pretty detail oriented and thorough, as, I hope, you can tell from the panel cleanup and water distribution replacement in the same joint (photos attached). I always try to do things right, period. That said, I don't want to overthink this thing.
  13. Ntcarson

Pressure Test Leak

Sorry - joint was a bad choice of word. I was thinking that I could just cut out a section, leaving around 1/2 inch off of the elbow. Then, I could join the distant end (far from the elbow) with a normal coupling, and use a slip coupling heavily cemented and butted against the elbow and...
  14. Ntcarson

Pressure Test Leak

Thanks Reach! I see the suspect area that you are referring to. I spent some time up there (in the sweltering heat) and wiped it down, checked and double checked, but will do so one more time, just to be sure. Hopefully that is just a touch of the background insulation doing a photobomb. I've...
  15. Ntcarson

Pressure Test Leak

Hi All! With lots of help from you all, I've prepped for my pressure test on the DWV rebuild of this 1938 house. With the exception of 2" and 4" threaded clean-out plugs, my only leak is a slow drip at the joint circled in the picture, at the base of my attic vent stack. Since this is the...
  16. Ntcarson

Pump at 0psi

Thanks Worth - I should've posted more details. Sometimes I struggle to figure out how to ask, let alone the pertinent details - I'm learning though!!
  17. Ntcarson

Pump at 0psi

Thanks Reach - you are correct. When I replaced the switch last year, local stock was low, so I went with the low pressure cutoff, after a discussion with the guy at the counter (credentials unknown). It did work well for a good while though. When I checked the air pressure in tank, it was...
  18. Ntcarson

Pump at 0psi

Good morning! My well pump has, now 3 times, over the last month or so, ended back at 0 psi, and not operating. Each time, I've checked the power and the switch mechanics and they all seem good. Manually forcing the pump to run with the control lever quickly returns it to normal operation, in...
  19. Ntcarson

2-in P Trap for tub/shower combo

In this case, I think I'll leave it alone. For future reference, though, I think I'll follow your lead and leave santees out of this part of the vent system, just to avoid potential issues. Thank you! Thanks Wayne - I appreciate the way you described it and now better understand how the vent...
  20. Ntcarson

2-in P Trap for tub/shower combo

Guys - thank you, again, for taking your time to help guide me. I'll cut out the section with the Wye and put a new on in, turned horizontal, and I'll re-do the trap to make sure that it can properly use the 3" horizontal pipe to wet vent. If I fully understand, I just need to be sure that the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks