Search results

1. RochNY

Cast Iron Crack

I noticed a small (2 inch long) crack(s) above the neoprene sleeve where they hooked pvc drain pipe to the existing cast iron pipe from the toilet above it. I think the crack(s) is from the snap cutters used to cut the old cast iron pipe out. Is this common when using a snap cutter? It is not...
  2. RochNY

Danco Plumbers Waterproof Grease vs Danco Plumbers Silicone Grease

Is there a preference/difference between these two? Lowes had both and I couldn't get an answer from them. Thanks for any replies.
  3. RochNY

The Dreaded Delta Bonnet

Hello, I read a really good thread on this subject here a while back. I have a stuck Delta Bonnet on my shower. HJ says to apply heat to the bonnet to get it off. My question is how much heat do I generally apply and do I hold my channel locks on at the same time? Not quite sure of the...
  4. RochNY

Vacation water shutoff?

I plan on taking a trip out of frigid (and snowy) upstate N.Y. for about 10 days and plan on lowering down the heat to about 62 ish. I have a concern about some of my pipes possibly freezing (I haven't been through a full winter in this house yet so I'm not sure if the potential is there)...
  5. RochNY

Turning on the water after draining the pipes

I had an upstairs shower valve solder leak after the faucet burped when I turned the water back on. I shut the valve off before I turned the water back on so when the water ran through it there was a sputter of air then water came out (then the pinhole leak). After a plumbing repair do you guys...
  6. RochNY

Solder and Flux question

I have seen a lot of people on this forum prefer oatey #95 flux. Can this flux be used with Taramet Sterling solder? I didn't know if the solder they added to the flux would be like combining two different solders. Thanks for any responses, this forum is an awesome wealth of plumbing info.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks