Search results

1. Texas_RSA

More heat trap questions

Thanks Sylvan
  2. Texas_RSA

More heat trap questions

@Reach and @WorthFlorida, thanks a lot for the explainer. I was confused by the manual, which I guess (?) is trying to cover the possibility that the factory-installed heat trap nipples aren't present (I guess). Anyways, I'm glad not to have to worry about putting in extra pipe and elbows.
  3. Texas_RSA

More heat trap questions

My question is very similar to the one asked 6 years ago. I also have a Rheems 40 gallon gas WH (22V50F1), whose supply lines I'm replacing and relocating to another wall. The guy who put in the unit originally installed a U-shaped heat trap on each line, apparently following the manual, which...
  4. Texas_RSA

Lateral transitions in vent stack

Got it, thanks very much for your suggestions. Guess I've got some more visits to Lowe's in my future. Also, in re to your post above, "If the vent riser is connected to the WC fixture drain as a dry vent, then yes the dog leg should be at least 6" above the WC flood rim level. On the other...
  5. Texas_RSA

Hi Wayne, thanks for the clarification, sorry for my confusion. So, something like this?
  6. Texas_RSA

The vent is for the W/C (it just happens to be located adjacent to the intended shower pan); the shower drain vents separately (2 inch) in the back wall (see picture 3).
  7. Texas_RSA

Hi Reach4, thanks for replies above. No the vent is for the toilet only. This wall is perpendicular to the garage wall. Vent stack PVC is 3 inch. Thanks for the suggestion re flush plug, hadn't seen these. I will keep the clean-out itself completely free of any studs, sitting just behind...
  8. Texas_RSA

Wayne thanks for the speedy reply. Yes, the vent riser is dry. I can raise the dogleg 6 inches above the WC flood rim. The shower is not wet venting the WC -- I had a plumber snake the vent stub and he said the WC sewer line heads off and is not connected to the shower drain at this point (see...
  9. Texas_RSA

Reach - thanks for the answers, pic. As assembled, the socket of the clean-out came through the stud and the plug was removable. But I will redo the stud around the clean-out (was trying to keep the fixture from sticking out into the garage bay, but there may be no way to avoid this). I used a...
  10. Texas_RSA

I have some a question on plumbing code relating to a vent stack modification in a shower/bathroom remodel on the ground floor of a Texas home (cement slab, no basement, pictures attached). This remodel will convert what was a small (and badly leaking) shower (3'x3') to a larger, walk-in one...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks