Search results

1. Cabin_Mama

Question about banging pipes

We're on a well. We had some simple plumbing work done recently and when we went to shut off the house water, the main shutoff valve (gate valve) did not work. We ran the water for 15 minutes and it never slowed. We ended up having to cut the power to the well. Fast forward a week ... water has...
  2. Cabin_Mama

Pipes Behind Tongue-and-Groove Paneling

Behind the lovely pine paneling you see below is a fiberglass tub surround with a broken-off tub spout. (Incidentally, we have two tubs in this house and this has happened to BOTH of them - each spout literally just fell off into our hands when pulling up the diverter). We have CPVC pipes and...
  3. Cabin_Mama

Replacing shutoff valve on CPVC

Hi all! How would I go about replacing a shutoff valve for a toilet when I have CPVC pipe in the wall? I did my homework, watched a bunch of YouTube videos, and I see how these valves come off. But what if the joint is glued? All other visible shutoff valves in the house have the telltale orange...
  4. Cabin_Mama

Faucet failed after 3 months? Is this common?

I replaced a bathroom sink faucet a few months ago. I bought a low-end Glacier Bay faucet from Home Depot (I know, I know, but we're planning to remodel this bathroom eventually and I needed a quick fix!). Installation went smoothly and things were just fine until last weekend when I discovered...
  5. Cabin_Mama

How do I avoid breaking old CPVC?

We live in a house built 23 years ago by the original owner. The indoor plumbing is all CPVC. When we try to replace old leaking fixtures, more often than not, the pipe snaps off. In addition, the CPVC seemed to not be able to take the daily jostling of lifting a tub spout diverter, and one day...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks