Search results

1. AlexanderTheDIYer

toilet layout

Answers below. The old layout had some bonus rooms over in this area and a bar sink(removed by us). They(previous owners) put in a 3 inch line the entire way because they had plans if they wanted to add a bath and bedrooms later. We are trying to do their plans without spending a fortune. 1...
  2. AlexanderTheDIYer

toilet layout

This is sort of a diagram of the bathroom and where the main line is. The floor joists run north and south and there is a finished basement below. I dont want to have to lower the basement ceiling and would like to mimimally or avoid all together drilling into the joists. I thought a simple dry...
  3. AlexanderTheDIYer

toilet layout

It is in 3 floor joist over and it has a wall I can put the vent in I was actually using this pdf from a different source. The closest picture i could find to represent it is attached with my advanced photo shop editting. So would this be considered a 90 degree turn and are turns only...
  4. AlexanderTheDIYer

toilet layout

I guess my big question is, is it legal to make this 180 degree return to the main?
  5. AlexanderTheDIYer

toilet layout

That is the depth I have to work with. The floor joist is 11.25 inches deep. From the top of the subfloor to the bottom of the floor joist that is.
  6. AlexanderTheDIYer

toilet layout

I would do this but there is no walls between the toilet and main line. The only wall is up stream from the toilet.
  7. AlexanderTheDIYer

toilet layout

I am trying to add a toilet to a remodel. This picture is a good representation of what I'd like to do for the toilet line. Is this to code in Georgia? There isnt much room an there is no walls down stream to the main line to vent into.
  8. AlexanderTheDIYer

3 inch toilet flange question

I have LVT in bathrooms and have had no issues with water. They are locked together so no water gets between them. So what I did was lay the entire floor, marked where the flange was going to go and went back with a 5.5 inch whole saw. This was the outer dimension of the bevel that I couldn't...
  9. AlexanderTheDIYer

I measured the gap it is approximately 3/8th an inch. I was originally going to leave the bathroom concrete (specially since I just sealed it) but the flooring I have going everywhere else is LVP that is 7mm thick. That is pretty close to that 3/8th inch gap. I think if I just put the flooring...
  10. AlexanderTheDIYer

I am installing a toilet on a slab and I cut the 3 inch pipe flush with the floor. I bought an ID 3 inch flange but it has a bevel on the bottom that keeps it from flushing up with the floor. I have looked at 3 different big box stores and it seems all the brands have it. Any idea how I should...
  11. AlexanderTheDIYer

Georgia Garage Bathroom Slab Help

I will do all three to 2" just to make it simpler. At the end I was going to just cap it but I am now going to do what you said with the cleanout under the sink using a 3 inch tee and then do a reducer to 2 inches. I saw a lot of people doing the horizontal method but wasn't confident in my...
  12. AlexanderTheDIYer

So switch those two out to 2 inch and I should be good? I'll ask about the venting when they inspect. I just don't want to be the reason the concrete guys get held up. I'll try to get a picture of it when I get it dug in. We have some rain today so we are delayed on the rock again.
  13. AlexanderTheDIYer

Hello, I am building a metal building with a single 3 piece bathroom and a utility sink. I have gotten all the permits and now just need to do the work. The dirt work is done and gravel is being delivered tomorrow for the base. The building will be on a 4 inch slab. I have tried to get plumbers...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks