Search results

1. Anthony W

PEX Home Run vs recirculating loop?

Our master shower is located roughly 60 feet from our hot water heater (pipe length). Knowing this may be an issue, I added a hot water recirculating loop when we built our house in 2003. It works fine, but with our varying schedule the pump runs 4-5 hours in the morning, and another 4-5 hours...
  2. Anthony W

Pressure switch cutting off with low pressure?

I recently had to replace our pressure tank, so I replaced the tank tee, gauge, and pressure switch at the same time. I installed a Square D 30/50 switch with a low pressure cutoff, just like the one I installed 30 years ago. I set the air in the pressure tank to 28 psi. Everything seems to...
  3. Anthony W

Help me select a new pump

Yesterday I replaced our 30 year old pressure tank. I figure our pump probably isn't far behind, so I thought I would start doing my research now. Our current pump is a Grundfos 5S05-13, 1/2 HP, 230V. I placed it about 60' down the well when I originally installed it back in 1991. According to...
  4. Anthony W

Why is pressure switch differential always 20psi?

I discovered our 30 year old pressure tank has failed. Pump cycles often and water comes out of the air valve at the top. I wanted something in the 80 gallon range like the one we have now, but there's apparently a supply issue (COVID related?) and the only tank within a 100 mile radius I could...
  5. Anthony W

Getting Water During Power Outages?

We have a private well with a submersible pump and an 80 gallon pressure tank. If our power goes out when the pressure tank is full, it can supply enough water to flush our toilets many times or have running water to cook or wash up. Unfortunately, it always seems like the pressure tank is near...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks