Search results

1. automaton

Navien boiler

No hydraulic separation from the internal circulator, so possibly lots of stress on the internal pump and exchanger if the flows don't match (what your zones require and what the boiler can do). Additionally, the two zones may not get the same temperature water.
  2. automaton

Help, water is hot then cold then hot....and then e003

How old is it? Ever had the ignition rods/element replaced? If e003 happens often, could be that - about a $15 part. Otherwise, could be the infamous 3 way valve that redirects heating water to the DHW plate exchanger. How I would troubleshoot the valve: open a high flow hot faucet and watch the...
  3. automaton

Navien Installation Quote

Robenco has a combi boiler, so more piping involved. I talked to several pros and if you bring up modifying or adding equipment, price goes up, even if you go to another tankless but the same brand. I had a couple quotes not too long ago to swap out a CH on warranty and they were about 10K not...
  4. automaton

Which boiler good value for radiant

I have a Navien and have read and watched practically everything one can find on the web about it. You can find some videos on youtube and see for yourself. They're fussy, sensitive units but if maintained, they are nice and can last a while. Parts are generally available online. The 3-way...
  5. automaton

Navien Tankless Water Heater Comments and questions

@QueBall gave some good hints, second those, but I may have one more. Is the condensation oily? Maybe a bit brown? What does your venting look like on the outside? If you scour the web, you'll find some reports on this - exhaust suckback, where the exhaust is too close to the air intake. May...
  6. automaton

Understanding of a Combi Boiler

Hi, long time lurker here - Dana is the absolute expert on this and touched upon this but there are a couple of things I wanted to add, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. 1. It may be more helpful to think about this in terms of heat dissipation vs. heat capacity. I think it's somewhat moot...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks