Search results

1. farmerisland

Sewer smell from condensate line

Hey everyone, thank you in advance for any help or steering guidance you might provide on my issue. I've been noticing on and off again sewer smell from our HVAC ducts and traced it to the closet where the setup is housed in a finished basement. I've attached a couple photos here that show the...
  2. farmerisland

Shallow well jet pump selection (with CSV)

Hello all. First off, thank you guys; you're awesome. So I have a multi generation farmhouse with super old Minnonite drilled house well with "pump house" access within my basement. It's gotta be a pretty shallow well but nobody alive knows the depth. The well curb has been concrete over...
  3. farmerisland

Fixing improper venting, old house

Hello, This is an update/new question from my last post. My home has old all copper DWV from 1960 and earlier, with even older cast iron at basement level-down, that I'm replacing with PVC. Plumbing noise isn't an issue; I really don't want to do expensive cast. The current copper has pinholing...
  4. farmerisland

Copper waste line flat, venting lacking, and so much more

Hey guys. I need to share a little back story to give proper context of my issue with some upstairs very old plumbing. I live in an old farmhouse that was originally Mennonite-built in 1890. There was no indoor plumbing initially but the main floor bath was put in by my grandparents at some...
  5. farmerisland

Replacing toilet that clogs/leaks from poor installation

Hello all. I have an old main floor toilet that I'm replacing because it has always been a notorious clogger. I've also noticed a little leakage, but minimal. The previous homeowners, or whatever installer, placed the flange slightly below the finished tile. I could stack wax rings, but there's...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks