Search results

1. Mrosenb

Under kitchen sink advice

I just replumbed under the kitchen sink. The ground wires from the disposal and dishwasher were clamped to the copper supply lines as seen in the photo. I understand this is no good and should be instead be clamped within 5ft of the main supply in the basement. Can I connect the two appliance...
  2. Mrosenb

Dishwasher drain replacement

I’m replacing a dishwasher drain hose. I see the option for a rubber dishwasher drain hose but the smallest diameter is 5/8. Does it matter if I replace the current 1/2 in diameter with a 5/8 in hose?
  3. Mrosenb

Main stack and bathroom advice

I change out a section of rusted pipe. I’m here looking to make sure I’m doing ok with this. I have a 4” main stack. Stack is secured above with a clamp. I used an upside down san tee for the sink vent at 42” sloped back to the sink at 1/4” per foot. Sink drain with a 45 degree to wye. The...
  4. Mrosenb

Cast Iron dimensions

I have a cast iron stack that I’m replacing. I have outside diameter 3.58in and outside diameter 4.27in. Is this normal? Shouldn’t the ID be closer to 4in? Am I ok using PVC with the Fernco P3000-44?
  5. Mrosenb

Mortar bed for acrylic tub

I know this has been discussed here before but I’m still having a hard time. I’m installing the American Standard Studio alcove tub with an apron. What’s throwing me off are the 2 rails running down the length of the tub. Do I want to put the mortar in piles in between these rails to support the...
  6. Mrosenb

Replace main shutoff

I need to replace the main shutoff valve. This looks like a lot going on here. How should I do this? I can just cut this whole deal out and sweat in a ball valve? Also, Does the size of the valve matter? Either a 1 in valve with a reducer on top or a 3/4 in valve with the reducer on the bottom...
  7. Mrosenb

Bath Drain Remodel

I'm remodeling the bath and replacing the tub drain. I'm concerned about not replacing the cleanout and about the length of the pipe. I understand there is a max length. Here are some photos of the original and a dry fit of a new p trap. Thats a 60" alcove. Am I doing ok? What should I do? Thanks!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks