Search results

1. Artm69

Leaking air vent, rusty water

So, drainded boiler, fairly clear, changed air vent and autofill valve. All looks good. Autofill was clogged, thinking of rebuilding it as a spare. It's a basic 1156, worth it?
  2. Artm69

1. Yes, on lower drain to blow out. 2. What treatment to use? 3. Refill pressure: is 12 psi a standard rule irrespective of the height of water travel? I've been running 20 psi for units 2-3 floors up, form basement. This unit is only one floor up.
  3. Artm69

1. I'm sure plenty of added water has come in over the years. I thought nothing of it. Which boiler treatment is recommended? 2. Some more symptoms , weird: 3. Circulator on, heat on, outgoing pipe past exp tank gets hot, and is so for many feet. 4. Return pipe before circulator, and many feet...
  4. Artm69

On my 25 year old Burnham boiler, suddenly an air vent developed a leak. as seen in the pics, the water is quite rusty. How should I proceed with this repair? Replacing the vent should be straightforward but what about the rusty water? I fear that may be a bigger issue. The boiler has never...
  5. Artm69

How to remove stuck plastic cap over anode rod GE water heater

Here's some pics of a similar water heater I have. The caps are all grey and the same type. Cap A has the anode rod, which is connected with the hot and cold nipples, as it should be. Can caps B and C be additional anode rods, installed on the higher warranty versions? This version is only a...
  6. Artm69

So, the plastic cap is strictly for looks and serves no function, correct? Does it just sit on top and around the inner diameter of the hole? If so, then I would think it has no function. I'll get my soldering iron on it soon...
  7. Artm69

I have a Rheem water, basic gas 40-gallon from Home Depot, with the red, blue and white plastic caps for the hot, cold and anode rod. I've tried three different sockets (all 1-1/16) and they're all too wide to fit down the plastic cap. The impact ones are too wide but also one regular socket I...
  8. Artm69

Leaking PVC joint

Ah, I now see...didn't catch that crack before. Sure, I may just cover it with some epoxy. How about using some of that silicone self adhering tape?
  9. Artm69

Leaking PVC joint

I have a PVC drain line with a leak at the joint. I'd rather not cut it all out and replace. Any way to salvage this?
  10. Artm69

Gas boiler: low flame, water temp low

Thanks for the confirmaiton, as I suspected. Time for a plumber to replace it. This is the second one in this boiler in 25 years, which seems suspect. My other identical boilers are still on their original valves, all over 20 years old.
  11. Artm69

Gas boiler: low flame, water temp low

System includes a Burnham blue gas boiler with a VR8200C3005 valve. Been working fine for years. Since yesterday, with outside temp -7 deg, the flame on all burners is low, heating the water to only 140-deg instead of 180. All other gas appliances are working normally with normal gas flow. Any...
  12. Artm69

Replace/repair chrome toilet shut-off valve

I have a shower pipe to compare to the toilet pipe: shower circ/dia: 53mm, 0.664" toilet pipe circ/dia: 62mm, 0.777" These measurements were taken by wrapping a strip of paper around each and noting the circumference. It's the best I could do. Does this still suggest a 3/8" nipple? Should I...
  13. Artm69

Replace/repair chrome toilet shut-off valve

I have a toilet shutoff valve as shown in the pic. It has threads onto the pipe, a few visible at the junction. I thought it was chrome plated copper but I'm unsure now, could be chrome plated brass? It's not a chrome sleeve over pipe. Problem is the knob (long broken) will not come off...
  14. Artm69

Upgrade old furnace burner to Beckett

I have an old furnace and would like to upgrade its burner to a newer Beckett, as I have in another furnace. I have pics below of the old and new furnace/burner. I have been told that a Beckett AFG (like the one on the newer furnace) will work fine on the old furnace, with some work required at...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks