Search results

1. GabeS

forum font

Terry, Can you please change the font and website back to the way it used to be. It's taking me longer to navigate the site. I was so used to the old font. Thank you. Gabe
  2. GabeS

paintbrush cleaning

How do you guys clean your caked up paintbrushes? Let's hear your ideas and methods. Gabe
  3. GabeS

water leaking out of tub??

Hi, I have a perfectly level tub, however when someone takes a shower, the water drips down the front wall and when it reaches the tub of the tub, instead of flowing into the tub, it travels along the wall and drips outside the side of the tub. I was thinking of putting a line of silicone...
  4. GabeS

outdoor fence ideas

Hi, I'm thinking of installing an outdoor fence this winter. It's about 90 linear feet of fencing. I was thinking about going with vinyl for the longevity. Also want something solid that can't been seen through (no spacing) for privacy. I have no problem digging holes where there is dirt...
  5. GabeS

fence

Hi, I have a metal fence(steel posts with wire steel in between). Are there any thin veneer fencing that I could install right on top of it to give it a new face lift? Gabe
  6. GabeS

toilet adjustments

Hi, The plumber plumbed the toilet too close to the tub. He said there was a joist in the way. Is there a toilet that adjusts left and right like the toto. I only need a few inches here to make it look acceptable. Or an offset flange that could shift it over a bit? Thanks. Also, do they...
  7. GabeS

washer hookup

Hi, I have a basement with the main drain(4" pipe) running horizontal about four feet above the floor. I want to hook up a washer machine there. Is there any way to do this with the proper standpipe height. In other words, would the drain being that high prevent me from hooking it up...
  8. GabeS

which is more efficient?

Hi, I'm going to buy an air conditioner and am trying to figure out which has a lower operating cost. The AC that is 110 volts or the AC that is 220 volts. The 110 is 15,000 BTU and the 220 is 18,000 BTU, but lets just pretend they are exactly the same BTU. Is the 220 more energy...
  9. GabeS

sitting water in pipes?

Just out of curiousity, when people put extension pipes in supply lines to prevent water hammer, those extensions eventually fill with water. Can that sitting water go bad? Or does it get replaced with new water? What if it's a long extension that was meant to be used for something but never was...
  10. GabeS

low voltage wiring?

Do you need an electrical license to work with low voltage wiring? ex.) telephone, cable, computer, alarm system, speaker system, etc. I heard no from a union electrician. Is that true? Also, do you typically need to get permits to run these lines in a preexisting house?
  11. GabeS

draft from baseboard

What do you guys do about drafty baseboards. I can feel the draft coming through the baseboard mouldings with no visible cracks. It's on the first floor. I have access to the floor from the basement ceiling. Any ideas?
  12. GabeS

Main Beam Splitting

My main beam in my basement is splitting down the middle on the underside. It's about six by eight. What's the best way to reinforce it? I was thinking maybe gluing and screwing a 2x10 to the underside(maybe making a sort of upside down T-beam). Or some kind of metal bracing. Like...
  13. GabeS

Computer randomly shutting down

My computer shuts down once in a while for no reason. It's been happening more often. Is it overheating? How do I fix it?
  14. GabeS

steam radiator bugging out!!

I began troubleshooting my radiator again. Been trying to fix this problem for over 2 years. Asked dozen of plumbers and noone seems to know what's happening. 2 Story house. 2nd floor radiator. 2 rooms next to each other and the steam riser splits somewhere in the wall and feeds both...
  15. GabeS

Washer machine hookup

Hi, I hooked up washer machines to the undersink plumbing before. Probably not up to code, but worked fine. I was wondering if anybody hooked up both a washer machine and dishwasher together to the undersink plumbing?
  16. GabeS

Radiator is filling up with water?

Hi, I have a steam system in a 2 floor house with a basement. It has a dry return. When the heat goes on all the radiators work fine, but one of the radiators on the second floor for some reason fills up with water and starts leaking from some of the joints. While the heat was on I took off...
  17. GabeS

radiator spitting steam and water?

Hi, I have a one pipe steam system. The radiator on the second floor(top floor) is spitting water out of air vent. If I unscrew the air vent while the boiler is running the radiator shoots out steam and water from the hole. How can this be happening? It seems like the whole system is filling...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks